Mineral foundation for chocolately people?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone! This is my first post! I haven't worn makeup in years and would like to start wearing makeup again. I never wore foundation, but after visiting a Bare Escentuals and having mineral foundation applied I like the weightlessness and the sunscreen. I am, however, on the dark chocolately side, and no mix of Bare Escentual's Deep 8.0, Warm Deep, and Deepest Deep were dark enough for my skin tone, Does anyone know another makeup line that has the quality of Bare Escentuals products but with foundation in my skin tone? Preferably something that's not an arm and a leg, I'm very slowly amassing eyeshadow and other makeup. There was one Bare Escentuals eyeshadow that matched my skin tone perfectly, it was either Bark or Coffee Bean. Thanks!

Im not going to be of much help . cause im the palest of the pale. But ive heard Alima , Monave have good shades for dark complexions also try Ocean Mist thats a real popular one here.

Maybe someone with darker skin will chime in.

you should have a look at fyrinnae's onyx

onyx_4.jpg

Fyrinnae

Hi, welcome to MUT!

I'm have a medium to darker skintone and have worn minerals for about 5 years. I'd recommend these sites for those with our skintones.

Monave Mineral Make Up

Monave Mineral Make Up: Mineral Foundation, Bare Mineral Foundation, Mineral Powder Make Up

Monave Mineral Make Up: Julianne's Tutorial

Milan Mineral foundations

You will probably have to sample several for comparison of texture and tone. With many companies, you willl find that the foundation appears dark in the photo but gives off a grey tone--the undertones are not correct. You appear to have a red/blue or blue undertone. There are a few ingredients to avoid, that can cause us to appear ashen. They are talc, too much bismuth oxychloride and too much titanium dixoide.

Browse this thread for answers to many of your questions:

https://forum.makeuptalk.com/f128/

*Be sure to browse the mineral sites post!

Enjoy!

Ok, I just got my Lauress samples today, so I can confirm that you should go with them. I'm a tad lighter than kelly rowland (coco in maybelline and covergirl matches me perfectly) I ordered their soft caramel and it was perfect! Plus they have darker colors! They would probably be a good option.

Milan is also very good at darker skin tones- pretty much start with latina colors and darker. Candace is a doll and very helpful- she also posts here sometimes.

I absolutely agree! Milan minerals is a handsdown winner!!! I love everything from them that I've used and believe me it has been a lot. You won't be disappointed at all with them. Also check out their other site for great buys too. I could go on and on with the raves about this company but I'll cut it short and just rec her:

Foundations

Do You Collection'

Gelle Drops

Eye shadow primer

Blot powder

Fragrance dupes

Soaps!

Gel liners

lipstick trios -they are full sized

and her Brushes.

That's all I'll go into for now :laughing:

Although not in need of chocolaty tones, I did see that Alima has some nice ones. I think they do great with olive tones (me!) and I would highly recommend them for that. They are quick to ship and nice to work with too.

fashionfaves

Your best bet is to go to companies created by black women or women of color. I've tried monave, BE, and milan minerals and there is no question the MILAN minerals is the best for the best price. Ada looked good, but slightly more pricey. Also, Candace (Milan minerals owner and creator) is a darker skinned black woman so she knows how our undertones work, etc. Also her blushes look great on us! Yes you should wear blush, even though you're a dark skinned black woman

Back