Bare escentuals brushes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
:cat: Does anyone else have problems with BE brushes?When I use them it feels like they are scratching my face,i've tried washing and it seems like it doesn't help.Does anyone have any suggestions?

Yeah they are really bad. The only BE brushes I can use are the soft-focus ones you get with certain kits. And even those get hard if you don't wash them right.

I've heard BE brushes aren't so great. If u are lookin' for a good kabuki, invest in a MAC 182

They are pretty bad. I thought I could switch back to my old BE kabuki just to give it a second chance, but man...my face just itches like crazy! My eyes have even watered while using it!

Well, I have to admit that the Kabuki brush sucks big time. But I love the handy buki brush is great! I really like it. The other ones I have from the are sooooo soft and great. Like I said, the only one that I hate is the kabuki brush.

I dont realy like the BE brushes. The only one I like is the maximum coverage concealer brush. The other ones shed too much and felt too soft when I washed them, like I wasnt getting any make up on my face. The Every Day Mineral brushes are much better.

I also like the handy buki, I tried the baby buki and it didn't really do anything for me. They sent me the full coverage kabuki for screwing up my order last time but I haven't tried it yet since the Pur Minerals chisel brush and the BE handy buki seem to be doing the job just fine. Actually, now that i think about it, those BE brushes do feel like they are scratching my face...:bs:

I have the full sized and baby buki. They are made of goat hair and very coarse. They shed like crazy, so I phoned the company. The rep told me to wash/condition the brushes several times and the shedding should stop. I did as instructed, the shedding stopped and they're very soft. Remember to wash all brushes before usage. They may have been treated with sizing, dyes or other chemicals.

I dont like them., they get scratchy with time. The only one I still use is the flawless application face brush, I use it for mineral veil.

The Flawless application face brush is kind of scratchy, but it still gets the job done. I'm going to see if perhaps there's another brush at sephora that is meant for mineral makeup, but is softer.

My eyes also water while using the flawless application brush. I think that I am going to try shampoo and conditioner on this, it's very scratchy. I have been using antibacterial hand soap. My other BE brushes (kabuki, baby buki, eyeshadows, etc.) are ok, but I don't have any of the cadillac brushes to compare to.

They've had horrible reviews tbh. I use the Sephora Kabuki - a lot cheaper than the MAC 182 and its great :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> But I've never tried the MAC 182 so I can't really compare..

I have the BE kabuki and the max coverage brush, I both love them! Did you clean your brushes like speerrituall1 said? I suggest you try washing them and than give the brushes another try.

I've been using a BE brush all along with my MMU - although it's not even a kabuki brush. I find it's a little scratchy in the eye area, but other than that I love it.

I must have lucked out. My brushes are soft and never shed anymore. They did shed at the beginning until I washed them (with baby shampoo), but that is fairly normal for any of the brushes I have ever used through the years.

I actually washed my flawless face brush yesterday, and it took on a totally new shape and is now much softer. I can't believe I didn't think of that before, haha. Thanks for your suggestions all!

Latest posts

Back