Argan Oil

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A rare and precious oil The argan oil is a rare and precious oil, and difficult to obtain.

Found mainly in the southwest of Morocco, the Argan tree goes back thousands of years and is classified as universal commonwealth by UNESCO.

It takes 40kg of mature nuts and 8 hours of manual work, using a cold process, to extract just 1 litre of argan oil. Most of this work is done by women either in their homes or in cooperatives.

ARGAN OIL

and its many benefits

The argan oil has extraordinary nutritional, therapeutic and cosmetic properties.

The argan oil alone contains the combined nutritional, regenerative and antioxidant qualities of olive oil, avocado oil and grape seed oil.

Just a tablespoon a day of roasted argan oil can meet our daily requirements for essential fatty acids, thus taking care of our beauty from the inside.

Raw argan oil is particularly indicated as being effective against aging and cell degeneration, as well as dryness, skin inflammation, acne and scars. It is also the anti-wrinkle treatment ‘par excellence’. It takes just a short period of time to get the skin looking satiny and radiant, giving it that youthful and healthy look.

By working directly on the reactivation of cells, the argan oil can diminish wrinkles and even eliminates them completely. This vital function on the cells also rebalances the epidermis, slows aging, protects and fortifies, and revitalizes not only the skin but nails, hair and even teeth.

The Argan oil also penetrates the skin quickly, so a few minutes after application, your skin is left silky without being oily.

ARGAN OIL

and its characteristics

Argan oil is very rich in:

• Vitamin F (omega 6): anti-aging and anti-dryness of skin
  • Vitamin E : 2 times the amount in olive oil! A powerful antioxidant, anti-inflammatory for sensitive skin, UV protection, and aids in coetaneous micro-circulation. Also neutralises free radicals.
  • Vitamin A : Increases skin elasticity, stimulates collagen synthesis, prevents wrinkles due to UV.
  • Phenols : antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, powerful against fungus and bacteria, activates blood circulation and activates Vitamin C.
  • Triterpens restructure cells, is anti-inflammatory and slows down cell aging.
Use as a moisturizing anti-wrinkle. For night use, apply a few drops on the face, the neck and the chest if necessary, massage gently but firmly using circular movements on areas particularly dry or wrinkled. As protection or for calming effect after exposure to harsh cold or sun. Use also to heal scars or calm skin irritations.

Can use in lieu of a night cream, but not recommended as day cream.

A real treat for dry, discoloured or damaged hair. Put a few drops in the palm of your hand and massage at length, making sure to include the scalp as well as the tips, this will nourish the capillaries and give you a full treatment.

As a treatment for soft and broken nails. Soak the nails in a bowl of warm lemony water with 3 drops of the Serum, once or twice a week. Do not use soap afterwards.

I just bought a bottle and have been using it as a daytime moisturizer . The texture feels like Jojoba. Anyone else try this?

Funny you ask. I got a pimple a couple of days ago. I went to get my face waxed and the lady accidently popped it. I just went to look in the mirror to assess the results and I cant find it! I usually scar easily. As for the scars I already have I can't tell if they've faded much . I've even tried it on my feet and its great , soaks in fast and is non greasy.

Delphine , they sell it at some moroccan groceries here in both oil and creme form.

I have argan oil. I bought it last time I was in Morocco.

I put it on my hair as a mask before shampoo and also on my skin when it's really dry. But I don't believe it works for acne scars nor for oily skin during the day.

I still use Vaseline :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I put on the argan oil first let it soak in then put the vaseline on top.

Delphine yes you can find it at moroccan épiceries but I also saw it at leclerc the other day.

Really old bump but I didnt want to make a new topic. I just got a 1oz bottle and im really happy i bought it. Its been doing wonders for my hair.

Before I buy, how bad is the smell? Is it worst or better than neem oil? I can't do neem oil at all, altho, the smell changed when I added it to make soap.

About the same i'd say, it's very strong when you apply it but it disappears once absorbed. The smell comes from the way it has been harvested, if they're taken directly from the tree and sorted through apparently you don't get that problem, so i'd check that first. The creams i bought in the past didn't seem to change the smell, but argan oil was the main ingredient so i guess if you mix it with other oils or use a fragrance, it should help too.

I guess I'll have to smell it first. I could not stand the smell of neem at all and I thought my olfactory has been burned away from changing all those baby diapers ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My Argan Oil doesnt have a scent that ive noticed. I bought mine from Garden of Wisdom. Yeah neem oil is bad and i still have a bottle of that stuff. I cant get over the smell.

She's saying its as strong as neem oil. Have you smelled neem oil? That stuff will make your eyes water! It also make me throw up a bit in my mouth

If you get it directly from the tree and sort them out, then you won't have any smell. Sometimes they let the fruits fall on the ground and they don't sort them, thus some go bad and that's where the smell appear. So you have to make sure your supplier indicates it's unscented or that it has been controlled to not have that scent. It does not make my eyes water, but it makes me gag, like vinegar does to me, if that helps.

Latest posts

Back