Tinted Moisturizer

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Everyone's pretty much suggested that I use tinted moisturizer instead of foundation when the hot humid weather hits here. Is Milani SMOOTH FINISH TINTED MOISTURIZER ok to use? What about Wet N' Wild

Ultimate Sheer Tinted Moisturizer? I've never used a tinted moisturizer before so I'm just looked for suggestions here. Also, if I use tinted moisturizer in the summer...then I don't need to use my regular moisturizer?

I've used stilla tinted moisterizer and i really liked it. It gave me a nice glow and medium coverage and feels really light. I still used my moisterizer under it but i'm not sure if i had to.

I still use a moisturizer underneath a TM as well. I haven't tried those brands but I do like Biotherm and have heard many good things about Stila and Bobbi Brown

Bobbi brown and Perricone give the most coverage and the best finish in my opinion.

I use Wet N' Wild Ultimate Sheer Tinted Moisturizer. Its really nice for the price...I use it over my regular moisturizer, if I don't my skin looks a little flaky, but then again it might just have to do with the winter weather and dry skin.

I've used Ziaja (Polish company) tinted moisterizer. It gave a nice glow and some coverage. I use it especial in summer.

When I used tinted moisturizer, I liked MAC and Stila. I couldn't put moisturizer on under the TM (because my skin would get too oily).

Hm...well I just found Work-Out Makeup All Day Wear by Clinique. Here's the description:

Long-lasting makeup for all skin types. Water-resistant. Stays fresh-looking through heat, humidity, activity. Semi-matte finish.

I live in a humid climate when summer rolls around...so I'm wondering instead of using tinted moisturizer, this could work just as well and give me more coverage. What do you all think? Any experience with this?

I've never used Milani's, but I believe someone's recommended it in a previous thread. CG Smoothers seems to be a big hit for a drugstore brand.

I can only find CG smoothers for lips. I guess I'll try the Milani stuff since it's not very expensive, so if it doesn't work then I'm not out a huge amount of money.

I use Vichy Luminessesnce (sp!!) I dont know if you can get this in the USA, but it really is fantastic stuff! It has the coverage of a light-medium foundation, but goes on thinly like a moisturiser, and doesnt budge all day, and I have oily skin!

It gives you a nice glow too. I mainly use this as a base under my foundation, so that when my foundation wears away (within a few hrs :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ) I still have some coverage...

What I'm concerned with is that the tinted moisturizer won't give me the coverage I need like foundation gives me...which is why I think I might try the Clinique stuff in the summer.

You could always use concealer for any spots you want to cover. Tinted moisturizers are more for just evening out somewhat even skin.

I think I will try the Clinique stuff. Maybe I can get a sample of it at the Clinique counter to try it out when it starts getting warm.

Back