Facial Cleanser or Soap?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I prefer facial cleanser. To me soap is supposed to be used for the hands and body, not the face. Soap is way too harsh for the face, hopefully your face isn't that dirty!!!

Bar soap contains wax - can clog pores.

I use liquid soap, either Jergens or Ivory.

Both are clear as they have no colourants or fragrances.

These additives are unnecessary and can be irritating.

I use facial cleaner, because I'm girlie and like smelly stuff. Also, I tend to have sensitive skin, so I don't want to irritate it with soap or clog pores. My DF, on the other hand, uses regular soap and his skin looks fantastic (as far as guys are concerned).

I prefer cleanser because my skin is sensitive. The soap tends to irritate it and make it dry. The cleanser I use is very gentle and non-drying.

I use the pink or white Dove bar. I have acne prone skin and these still work great for me. But for some they may not. I am thinking about trying the Dove , facial cleansers though, just to see what they are like. (can't tell I love that brand at all, can ya?)

hmm, thats funny because fragrance is just as irritating to sensitive skin as any soap. Jusy because you can't see the damage doesn't mean its not there

my computer not letting me back into the forum, keep getting an error message about the site is unknown so i'll be working on this for a while.

thanks for all the responses

cleansers. soap tends to leave a film on ur face that can make the skin appear 'aged'

Definitely facial soaps because I don't want a film of soap left on my face and because I have sensitive skin, plus bar soaps are less hygenic, or can be.

i would prefer cleanser. if your skin is sensitive or dry, go for a cleansing milk instead of a foaming one. actually cleansing milk is tender and can get rid of most of the dirt if it is used with cotton wool.

I don't mind soap,I just happen to really like the facial cleanser I use (Oil of Olay Daily Cleansers.)

Hi,

For my face I use facial cleanser because soap is very drying and causes an imbalance of the PH levels (high aklaline).

Latest posts

Back