More natural makeup primer?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm really turning into a big hippie and have become extremely conscious of the chemicals I put on and in my body. So far I've switched to all natural products for my whole beauty care regimen except for one thing...make up primer.

I can't find any natural versions of makeup primers by companies like Burt Bees, Dr. Hauscka, etc or just home remedies. If anyone could recommend one I'd love you forever.

Thanks <3

I've seen someone mention aloe vera gel before. I was going to pick some up today to try it out.

yea i was also going to say try aloe vera gel, it would in a post somewhere! HTH , actually i need to try it out!

That's what I've always used, Aloe Vera gel and a light dusting of silk powder prior to applying my foundation.

I have been on a quest for natural, healthy products too. Would you be willing to share what you're using? I've been using some Avalon Organics and Dessert Essence products on me, and California Baby on my daughters. But am always looking for others!!

I live in a small town so I don't have a lot of stuff. Right now I just stick with the pretty major companies. I'm big on J/A/S/O/N, avalon organics, Aura Cacia (for essential oils), Tom's Natural (there toothpaste is the one of the only more natural versions I like) and I know a lot of people who swear by Dr. Bonners products but I've never been able to find any of those here.

Reading labels is key though. I try to stay away from anything that has Sodum Laurly/Laureth Sulfate, propylene glycol, or parabens. Even a lot of "natural" and "organic" companies put that stuff in their products (such as Kiss My Face and Nature's Gate). If I was you (especially since you have daughters) I'd just look for shampoos, body washes, etc without parabens because in tissue samples of people who have breast cancer/tumors parabens are usually present.

If you have any more questions at all, feel free to reply back here or PM me. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yep. It can be. I really don't see the need in putting on a moisturizer and then a primer. Even on my "The Present" makeup primer it says it can be used as a moisturizer.

Thank you SO MUCH for sharing what products you use. I have a list of 10 synthetic cosmetic ingredients to avoid and it's hard to find things that don't have any of them. Fortunately we have a couple of small natural food stores here that carry popular brands like Dr. Bronners, etc. but mostly I have to shop via the internet. Thanks again, really appreciate it!

No problem. The only store that sells anything I use is Kroger's (aka King Sooper, City Market). There is literally just four shelves worth of product. It's hard, but thank god for the internet!

A primer is what people use before they apply their foundation.. it creates a nice smooth base where the foundation can sit on and last longer :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> x

I'd use totally natural aloe vera liquid/gel. The stuff you buy at Walmart and other places isn't too good.

I just bought a bottle of natural aloe vera liquid. I applied it after my shower. I loved how soothing it was on my skin. It was quite a nice surprise. Who knew something so natural and simple could deliver such great results! I am going to try it for a week, and see how it treats my skin overall. I also bought some different natural oils, which I am playing around with also. My skin has honestly never looked better. I am so shocked, and happy!

I know. I've had horrible acne for probably ten years now (i'm 23). It's something I thought I would just have to deal with because I've tried everything. When I heard about using olive oil, tea tree oil, and aloe vera to help my skin clear up, I didn't think it would be that easy. But my skin is improving so much. I use to get black heads all around my nose that would never go away. Yesterday, I looked and they were gone. It's wicked cheap too compared to all the other gunk I use to buy.

I have been wanting to try tea tree oil too. Right now I am experimenting with different oil mixtures to see what works best on my skin. I have johoba oil, and avocado oil. The avacado oil is best on my hair. It makes it so soft and silk. Next I would like to try mixing in a bit of tea tree oil with my johoba oil to see how that effects my skin.

I am so excited, because this stuff is so much cheaper that products I have been buying over the years. I also think it delivers much better results. I hear what you say about blackheads. I had some on my nose, and they have all but vanished.

Latest posts

Back