Rave review for Monave!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I absolutely love this makeup! I've tried EDM, which I thought I liked....it was good, but didn't seem to be lasting through the day, then I tried Lumiere, and I liked it better than EDM, but today I tried the Monave, and it is by far the best! It lasted ALL day with NO touchups, and that is unheard of for me. One of the things I noticed was that the powder doesn't go everywhere like the EDM. It seems to be more finely milled. It goes on smooth, and doesn't get oily later in the day. I went on a sample hunt craze over the last few weeks. so I still have a few that are coming from other companies, but I really don't see how any of them could beat Monave!!!!!!! I'll keep you updated as I continue to wear it, because, at first I thought EDM was wonderful. But, I was new ti MMU, and didn't really know what to expect.

There sample kit costs $10.00, so it is not as cheap to get as EDM or Lumiere, but to me it is worth it!!!

Just wanted to share.

Christy

Yay, thanks for sharing Christy! Monave is also one of my HG foundations! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And it is true, out of the myriad of MMU brands I've tried, Monave by far has the best staying power.

I haven't tried Monave yet, but have tried EDM and Lumiere, which right now is my HG. What colors in Monave did you get and what were you in EDM and Lumiere?

I may try it, but wondering about colors. I just ordered some samples of Valerie CD, which I've heard good things about oo.

yay! i love monave too. it provides great coverage, especially the concealer-foundation formula. i am waiting for another sample from them. i thought hyeyeon was my color but might be a bit too dark so i'm waiting for tephorah! plus i ordered some lip glazes...i hope i get them soon

I got my Monave samples this week and it really does have major staying power. I have never had a problem with having to touch up with any MMU- very dry skin- but was shocked that even touching doesn't make Monave budge. You have to rub pretty firmly to get any transfer. That's impressive. I am waiting on Lumiere samples but so far Monave has the lead. Signature is quite similar but the Monave concealer foundation is a little better at coverage- it's crazy how little is required! Only thing I wish is that they would tell about the colors in the concealer foundations like they do in the regular one. It's hard to figure out just from photos. Did you try the #51m Semi-matte White (eye) color? It is the best brow highlighter I have ever used! No matter who wins the foundation award for me, I'll be back for that! Anyone try the liner pencils? I am drooling over the white one (lining lower lid) and wonder if anyone has tried them.

Ohhhh I can't buy Monave and I want so much! Unfortunately we don't have Global Priority and with standart airmail they cost the shipping 16$ for the samples!!!! I don't know why so expensive! Other brands don't do that!

The color that I've used of Monave so far is "Sandra". I had at first only ordered one sample, then before I even got that in, I ordered the sample kit. That time I ordered the "light medium pink" group of 4 colors and they aren't here yet, so I'm not sure how they will match up. The Sandra color looks dark in the container, and I was sure it wouldn't match my skin tone, but it really seems to match very well. I was reading on the Monave forum (you can access it from there home page) and some others were saying that you really can't judge by what it looks like in the container, because they look different on. In EDM I seem to like the medium beige in semi-matte (the medium beige is actually lighter than the "light medium beige....don't know why) or the neutral light in semi-matte. I tried the original formula, not the concealer one. Have any of your tried both, and have a comparison of the two formulas?

I am going to try their finishing dust, because I've read great things about it, too.

Christy

hmmm...i have mixed feelings about the monave finishing dust. maybe it's just me but it doesn't do much for me. i know some people swear by it though. i personally prefer the Joppa finishing silk. it gives me a nice matte, soft focus finish!

Christy - I love Monave finishing powder in Angel. I think it's the best finisher I've tried. It doesn't make me look powdery or chalky, just gives a creamy glow. It has kaolin clay too to control oilies.

Aileen,

Have you tried both the concealer foundation and the original foundation, and if so, can you tell me the difference between them?

Thanks for all your help....I appreciate the fact you always try to help us newbies out with information!

Christy

Aileen's review got me to try out Monave. She's absolutely right about the staying power and how little was needed. Even less is needed for the concealer foundations. I went with Lumiere when it comes to foundation, really dry skin, but will use Monave Caroline to cover some hyper-pigmentation on my forehead. I can see why so many are fans of it though. If you have any staying power issues, Monave is the rock. I will be buying other things from them too. Their e/s are gorgeous!!! I got several of the lip glazes- love how they are in between a lip stick and lip balm... not sticky or gooey at all. Color without being too opaque. Seems like all the colors work no matter which you pick too. I love reading Aileen's post because she tries everything and gives such great info. I like to try new things and it's boring to do the same old thing every day. I look at makeup as crayons or paint. It's so fun to try different looks.

monave is my new hg mmu, i used and loved everyday minerals but it didnt last all day like monave does:)

I'm also a Monave convert. Used to wear BE everyday until I tried Monave based on Aileen's recommendation in a different makeup forum. Finish is just flawless and the staying power simply is the best I've tried.

Maybe I should try Monave as well.i have very oily skin tho'. will it still stay put all day?

hi Christy! The difference between the two is that concealer-foundation formula is more dense, hence you really need just a teeny amount for one application, or else it will look cakey. However, people with some blemishes to hide really love this formula because it really does its job, and because it's mineral makeup, does not aggravate the blemishes at all. If your shade is part of the original formula, you can ask Deb (of Monave) to make it in the concealer-foundation formula. I heard the wait is a couple of weeks, though. Hope that helps!

Hoozey- thank you for the kind words. I love MMU because it does what it promises and never makes my skin break out. I love the lip glazes too! My all-time favorite is Honey. I also love Butterscotch and Petticoat, these are staples in my purse. I'm glad your enjoying trying out different samples, as well! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Olga (blueberrycraze) - I am so glad you're here! Good to see an old friend on this board! :heart:

Aileen- you deserve some praise for all your knowledge in the MMU world. You do such a great job of explaining everything. I love MMU because it makes me look younger. I actually get carded routinely and I am almost 39. Talk about a compliment for my skin! I know if I went without it, they wouldn't be doing that. They'd see all the flaws. No thanks. That's why I put up with the BE itch until I found new MMU because I couldn't go back to liquid. My hubby has 6 sisters and I have converted all of them to MMU (and my friends.) Some were a little mad that I didn't tell them about it sooner. Since going on my quest for my HG, I have kept everyone up to date and now they are starting to check out these other companies.

OMG, Aileen....I got the Honey lip glaze and can I just tell you that i absolutely ADORE it. It's such a wonderful color....so natural but yet beautiful. I got the mini one...but I think i'm going to order the full size one now...along with some other colors...hahaa..

Hoozey- Wow, you get carded! The underlying compliment is surely worth the inconvenience of whipping out your ID. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Thanks but I'm still trying to feel my way in the MMU world too. No matter what brand, however, I think you can't go wrong with MMU (as opposed to traditional makeup).

Kathy- I LOVE Honey as well. I have a backup tube, isn't that insane? :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I think I am almost done with my first tube. I have MAC lipglasses in my purse as well but I seem to almost always reach for Honey!

Latest posts

Back