Is it ok to color brown hair blond?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi ladies. im thinking of getting a short cut and coloring my hair darkblond. but i dont wanna do it if it destroys the hair. do they bleach them too? and, do i even look good with dark blond?:kopfkratz:

thank you.

I think a hair colorist can be trusted to be the one to tell you what color to get. On the other hand, bleaching will damage your hair. There are gentle formulas that won't kill your hair, but it is harder to lighten naturally dark colors. I think if you don't go too light and over process, and also be very gentle on your hair afterwards, it can work. I have naturally black hair and have dyed my hair many times. I even had put white streaks in it before. The hair breaks if you're not careful, and sometimes there's just nothing that can be done about it but get the ends trimmed and hope for the best.

Yes, the only way to make it lighter is to lift it. It always destroys the crap out of my hair since it's so fragile.

I like your hair dark. Maybe you should just get a new cut if you're wanting a change.

yeah i think so too, i dont wanna destroy my hair with bleach either. i will just get a cut, then maybe black hair instead. and buy a dark blond wig. lol

but yea i will just go darker or let the haircut be enough. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yeah, a blonde wig would be a good option. That way you can see how it looks with your complexion first and wear it out for fun if you'd like.

I get mine dyed frequently with different semi-permanent colors at my hairdressers when I want a change and they are gentle enough not to wreck havoc. She usually uses Redken Shades EQ but used something different last time (don't remember the brand and name) and it actually lasted longer but I think the Shades are shinier. You should check it out!

anna please dont mess around with bleach and mess up your beautiful shiney hair.

I don't think you should go too blonde, start with a few hi lites. I actually like the bit of "damage" I get with hi lites. I roughs up my baby fine hair and actually helps give it some texture.

i would go darker than dark blonde.

imo, blonde hair looks better with lighter features

I think your hair is pretty the way it is!!! If you did anything maybe subtle highlights.

Subtle highlights would be really pretty. Like a caramel color. I would let a hair colorist do the highlights especially since your hair is so dark.

I agree with the above Anna. Go with the highlights.

Since I've dyed my hair blonde, I've been spending more time and money on my hair care than anything else. My hair is not breaking (thank god), but it definitely takes a lot of time and effort to keep it as healthy as possible.

if you get blonde highlights it will lift your color alot without the full damage of bleaching your whole head. I suggest that :]

Back