Lemon juice???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hey guys i wanted to know if anyone tryed that before,,is lemon juice making highlights??and should i use it more than one time to see the defference??

and also veneger and alcohol!!

:fragez: :fragez: :fragez:

:g:

never tried it... only heard off.... sry....

maybe some of the girls will help you out

I don't think those would work. Lemon and alcohol would just dry out your hair.

Ive heard of the lemon thing, Also my hairdresser told me washing up liquid lightens hair. It probably wont make you blonde over night but I think it would brighten up blonde hair

I've heard of lemon juice, although I've never tried it. I used to use hydrogen peroxide when I was younger to lighten my hair, but thinking back, it probably wasn't a good thing to do!

Lemon juice should be used in small quantities, very diluted, and it's used only to slightly lighten your hair. Don't expect miracles and enormeous changes. Same goes for vinegar.

I would not use alcohol on my hair! That would just dry your hair.

if u put on the lemon juice b4 you go in the sun, it helps bring out natural highlights

When i was in HS someone told me that and i tried it. Def. did not work. I put lemon juice on my dry hair and sat out in the sun for like 2 horus and my ahir looked the same. It maybe because I have dark brown hair. well, I read in a magazine that if you put lemon juice in yoru shampoo it helps witht he oilness~

Yeah I put lemon in juice in my hair everytime i go to the beach. Just put it in a spray bottle and comb it into your hair. Just dont get it wet or all the juice comes out:tocktock:

I heard by someone that if you want to lighten your hair, you put a little bit of bleach in your shampoo..

Skip on the alcohol! it doesnt do anything but dry out your hair.

Lemon juice does work but youll have to leave it in and keep applying it till you get the results.

A lightening gel will work better.

Yes I've heard the lemon juice thing too... I wouldn't do it because my hair is too dark, but you will have to keep reapplying. Also, the results are unpredictable. I don't think alcohol or bleach will do anything good for your hair and its not a good idea to mess around with such strong products if you don't know how its going to turn out.

I agree with tfigueroa, and I think you should go with a lightening gel (something along the lines of sun-in might work considering that seems to be the effect you're looking for with the lemons), or maybe even SUBTLE diy highlights if you don't feel like dishing out the money at a salon.

Best of luck to ya!

i agree with this because i used both to lighten my hair. if your hair is brown it will turn kind of orangey brassy.

you know, when i was younger that was something my mother was always talking about, when i was little i had medium golden brown hair my mom would throw a little lemon juice in my hair when i would go out and play, i just smelled like warmed citrus, no highlights, though my mother tortured me with sun-in, which actually worked real well when i had virgin hair.

I tried the lemon juice thing and sun in. I wouldnt recommend it for dark hair ..it left my hair orange.

:10:

i have heard tht one...

recommended tht one should wear a straw hat.. maybe becoz then the sun doesnt hit the hair with all its strength i guess...

n also tht it dries hair out... so deep conditioning is a must after...

Latest posts

Back