Random Makeup Thoughts...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
:rockwoot: :rockwoot: :rockwoot:I Found new uses for things while playing in my makeup case,black liquid liner makes a great color changin base(you have to work quickly though,dot a lil on,spread it,put shadow on n blend it,i was thinking what the heck am i going to do w/my pink bronze pigment...i put it on top of black liquid liner and possibilites came rushing in....my 15 or so e/s colors are really about 40 w/shadesticks,color layering and black liquid liner(when i get fluid lines and paints,i can only imagine)

I realized that i have a thing for metallic,glittery and sparkly makeup.and i need some sparkly pink e/s

I realized that i need to find foundation that makes me glow w/o shining

I realized that even though i didnt think so before I can wear light colors-I love vanilla pigment the most out of all my eye makeup

I realized some of my makeup is lost(My maybelline mousse blush,Mac sinnamon lustreglass{this is my favorite gloss,aside from my co bigelow mentha lip shine},silver bleu shadestick,my fake lashes{suck at puttin em on,want to practice},sonia kashuk bronze pigment

I Realized some things have to go in the garbage-like this cheap pink lip crayon, its too greasy and it stinks,I used it as eye liner cuz i love the pink w/my purple s/s but im gettin a gracious me shadestick to take its place

I realized that some things are just mediocre in my eyes,I have covergirl whipped foundation in toasted almond(waaayyyy lighter than it looks in the jar and about 3 shades off of my skin color and way too cool toned),mac shadestick in shimmersand(i need cedarrose this is too light for me),neutrogena honey lip nutrition balm(ummm this doesnt smell so good),milani lipgloss in serenity(i smelled it and i couldnt take it,its unused).if anybody wants these things,pm me.

I realized myspaces with makeup,arabic makeup posts(w/o what was used,i come up with many possible combos and it riggers my creativity) and fotds are inspiration

I think i need to keep track of fotds of myself for motivation....and to track makeup application progress

I experimented and found crazy color combos for example my Loreal hip showy shadow duo looks great over royal hue shadestick w/old gold pigment(this is bronze w/gold flash on me,its 3d and cool),Another combo i am fond about is My ruby Kisses e/s in a charcoal shade w/silver sparkle over royal hue shadestick w/pink bronze on top.

I realized although my collection isnt big,its more than i thought. i can do a bubble gum smoky eye by puttin some black liner under my ruby kiss charcoal e/s and adding any bold color and blending well

I need a makeup space and i need hand wipes and neutrogena eye makeup remover pencil(havent tried) near by.

I need to stop talking to my family about makeup because they dont give 2 squats about it:scared:

I just realized i have a loving makeup family right here on Makeuptalk:handkuss:

ummmm can someone with a lot of time on their hands and alot of makeup on hand,do me a favor and take pics of some color combos i say i want to see,plleeease:frown: :scared: :rotfl: ...reallly though

I am going to start mixing pigment colors together and pressing em,when i get more equipment and more loose e/s

:rockwoot: I REALIZED THAT I AM GONNA BE A HARD CORE MAKEUP FIEN SOON:rockwoot:

(I was delirious and i needed to busy myself ,hope it can give sum kind of tips,hehe or ideas ...What are your random makeup thoughts,what little things make your makeup style yours,)

Hi,

Good to see that you're experimenting with color. Keep challenging yourself constantly. The things that can be done with makeup is AMAZING!! :icon_bigg

Glad to have you on MUT.

Random:

I think I'm fallling off the MAC-wagon *ducks* :lol: I don't even want to apply anymore. There are a million other brands out there that I need to get aquainted with (Stila, Nars,...yum!). I'm still a fan but I'm more relaxed about the line now.

I really enjoyed reading your writings. You're a very entertaining writer and quite amusing/ and I do mean that in a very good way. Keep posting on mmu.

lol thank yall,i have paper all over the place,i organize my stuff to a tee,well mostly just my writing,my room is ummm....interesting

sumthing sweet:I used to want mac so badly and now i am learning there are too many other brands out there,to stick to only 1 mainly

your post just made me realized i have to much crap lol. I just need to refresh and start looking at new ways to use my makeup and have to heart to let go if it doesn't work; someone else could probably benefit from it.

Hahaha... That's a great read!! I love the big pink crayon!! And you have some great points.. I've never really blended e/s together.. Just bought new ones.. Lol. Blending sounds cheaper!! Thanks.. .

I'm mad as heck that I can't find the LE Wet n Wild holiday palettes at any of my local WalGreens. 
pissoff.gif

I've come to realize that MAC is highly over rated and over priced, as are most high end lines. Really pissed I got suckered into buying their shade sticks. What a crock of #@!& I enjoy most of my low-end palettes more than my high end ones. I hate Benefit with a passion after wasting stupid amounts of money on their products which never deliver what they promise, and detest every Smashbox product I have tried to date, except for Halo and their HD concealer. I do not have what it takes to be a label whore - never have never will - and don't *want* to have what it takes. I got the NARS Orgasm/Laguna/Albatros palette the other day as a freebie and ADMIT I like Orgasm, as well as the other two. The hell if I would buy it, though LOL even though I have bought other NARS blush and eye shadow. I hate when the makeup counter women literally PIMP products to me. That just guarantees I will never buy them :) And I think face primer is a farging joke and is just another product that we have been sucked in by the MU industry to believing we supposedly 'need' and stupidly go out and throw $45 in the toilet for. Those are my thoughts.... :)

Originally Posted by satojoko /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've come to realize that MAC is highly over rated and over priced, as are most high end lines.
Thank you! Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that.

I buy LORAC and Urban Decay but I admit I REFUSE to pay full price and will ONLY buy when I can get it at Hautelook or on clearance. Granted my MUFE foundation I paid full price but at the rate I use it I'm getting my money's worth especially since I've been mixing it with moisturizer. I would say 75% of my makeup are drugstore - either Wet 'n' Wild or Hard Candy. 20% would be Urban Decay and LORAC with the remaining 5% being a mix of stuff from Coastal Scents, Sugarpill, Sephora, Kat Von D... One day I'll do a complete inventory. I feel like I have a lot but honestly when I look at some of the other women here at MUT I have very little. LOL

Back