Arabic Eye Tutorial (Pic Heavy!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello ladies.

Well a couple days ago I gave a "verbal" tutorial on how to create the arabic eye look. Today I decided to make a photo tutorial so here it goes!!!

First, here's what an arabic eye usually looks like:

haifa-wehbe.jpg

Pic#1 - Okay, now that we have an idea as to what we're looking for, here are the products that I used today. I always like to keep some makeup remover on hand just in case I make a mistake.

Other products: MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack

MAC Eyeshadow in Black Tied (not shown)

Rimmel Kohl Liner in Black (white as an option... see later)

Stila Eyeshadow Trio

Diorshow Unlimited Mascara

MAC 266SE Brush

Random Angled Brush (with softer bristles)

Q-Tips

37838-P1070079.JPG

Pic#2 - Start off with a clean face. Apply foundation and anything else as you normally would (although I didn't today - SORRY!).

37838-P1070086.JPG

Pic#3 - Line eyes using kohl liner. Make sure not to line inner and outer corners. Line top/bottom waterlines (it adds intensity).

37838-P1070088.JPG

Pic#4 - Use gel/liquid liner and line your upper lash line. Extend the liner past your tear duct.

37838-P1070092.JPG

Pic#5 - Line lower lash line and connect the 2 lines, making sure you keep the tip nice an pointy.

37838-P1070093.JPG

Pic#6 - Now go to the outer corner of your eye, and follow you lower lash line. Extend liner past it, making the liner go slightly on and upward angle.

37838-P1070094.JPG

Pic #7 - Join the line with the upper lash line - making a wing.

37838-P1070097.JPG

Pic#8 - Go over the liner with the kohl pencil, going over the waterline as well. I went over the liner with an angled brush and Black Tied e/s to soften it up a little. *NOTE* My friend has small eyes and likes to use a white liner on her waterline to make her eyes look bigger.

37838-P1070098.JPG

Pic#9 - Apply a pale shimmery shadow on you lid and up to your brow bone. You either want you shadow to be very dark or light. Refrain from using bright colours because the liner is dark enough already and adding colour will clash.

37838-P1070105.JPG

Pic#10 - Curl lashes and apply mascara.

https://forum.makeuptalk.com/gallery/files/37838-P1070108.JPG

https://forum.makeuptalk.com/gallery/files/37838-P1070109.JPG

And you're done! Keep lips neutral so that attention is drawn to your eyes.

Hope this tutorial helped ladies!

Oh! Awesome! If you don't mind, can I add the pics to the MuT Picture Gallery, and then I can embed them within the text so it's easier to see the pics as you go?

Awesome! that looks so easy and I love the finished look. Will definitly have to try it

This tutourial is amazing..if you made 1000 more i really wouldnt complain : ). i'm not arabic but i fall in love with the make up everytime i see it. now i can do it myself. yay!

Done :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I really do like the tutorial! I'm going to have to try it out either tomorrow or sometime this week. Does it make a difference if I don't use a gel liner, and just use a kohl liner?

I find that it adds intensity and the liner tends to stay on longer. Another thing is that since the liner gel is applied with a stiff angled brush, it's more pecise for when you make the pointy corners.

I'd try it with a really sharp kohl liner though. If you do, let me know or post pics! I totally wanne see!!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quick, basic questions regarding eyeliner, in general...

Whenever I put on eyeliner, somehow, it always gets on my lid--like, when I open my eyes and such. My eyelids tend to get...oily, I guess...and make the eyeliner make a sort of carbon copy on my lid, above the crease. I've tried using lots of eyeshadow to combat this, but it tends to cake up! Yuck!

Also, when I line the waterlines, my eyes invariably cause the liner to wash away! (Stupid eyes.)

Any tips? {:/

Hmm.. do you usually use a base or shadow primer? If not, I'd try that out for sure. If you have and you still have no luck, try either going over the liner with black shadow or even your entire lid using translucent powder.

As for the waterline issue... it happens to everyone. I always carry my liner around for whenever I need to touch it up!

Hope that helps - let me know if you try anything!

I hardly ever use base, because it always makes me feel like my skin is suffocating. (Probably not the best admission in MuT, but I'm honest!) As for a shadow primer, I've never heard of anything like that. Then again, I'm more experienced at looking at makeup and fussing over the colors I want...than researching the different -types- of product I can use.

I'll see what I can find out, though. Thanks for the help! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Awesome tut! I wish I could do this look, but I'm really fair so it wouldn't look so nice as on someone with darker hair and/or skin. I'm soooo jealous of your gorgeous lashes btw!! I have disappear-with-nothing-on-them lashes :sleepyhead:

Do you think this would work with a different coloured eyeliner? LIke brown, even dark brown maybe? Just that the black in that amount would make me look really bad (like when I was 13 and thought I had to use the whole pencil up each time I wore eyeliner teehee)!

Latest posts

Back