What do you use and why- girls only

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As in that time of the month, just wondered how many of you girls use pads or tampons and why?

I have to say I've always used pads, never considered tampons but Im told they are so much better and wondered if to give em a try.

What do you guys think are better?

hmm.. well I use both dpending on stuff.. During the day I would rather use a tampon because I feel more fresh. At night, I would rather use a pad just to give the system a break.

I always wear tampons during the day and a pad at night - but sometimes I'll sleep with a tampon. Depends on how heavy it is.

Do you find tampons are more comfy than pads? My friend tells me she hardly feels like shes having a period now shes moved to tampons.

I wouldnt know what size to get though :/

I have polycistic ovaries, and as a result, my "flow" is just too heavy to wear tampons. I wear tampons when swimming, but it's mostly pads for me

I use tampons day and night! I don't have a very heavy flow, so as long as I don't sleep longer than 8 hours, tampons are safe at night! I use the Tampax Pearl in Super!

I think tampons are wayyyyy more comfortable! That's why I won't wear a pad during the day. I always feel like I'm going to spring a leak and they're always bunching up, and then they don't absorb fast enough, so you're essentially sitting in a pool of your own yuck! At least at night, it pretty much all stays inside until I stand up - which in case I can rush to the bathroom. As for size, I pretty much use super-plus through my whole period up until the last day or so. Then I'll go down to a regular.

Same for me, tampons during the day and pads at night. Lately I've been taking birthcontrol as to where I don't even have a period. I love it!!!!

I totally agree.............. I can't stand pads, I feel like I have a diaper on and the whole world knows I have my period.that drippy feeling is sooooooooo nasty!!!

I use menstrual cups because tampons dry out your cooter. I'm also making the switch over to cloth pads too which (despite popular belief) are so easy to clean, super cute, and don't chaff skin like plastic pads do.

i wear pads and hate it soooo much buy i cant figure out tampons ive tried and wasted like a million of them i just cant seem to get them it

Okay - may I ask what the HELL a menstrual cup is? I feel like it's something I've vaguely heard of a long long time ago - and cloth pads? I'm picturing the old-school things that you had to use a belt for (my mom told me about them), so what could possible be cute about that? Easy to clean? How?!

Edit: Okay, I had to Google them. I found this website - I believe it's called gladrags.com. They sell these cups and reusable pads. I'm sorry, but I could never put one of those things inside me. Shudder. It's bad enough if by chance your tampon leaks - but imagine an entire cup of your blood dumping out of you! I don't know if that can really happen, but ewwww!

The menstrual cups actually don't leak because of how they are made and can be worn for up to 12 hours. I use to think tampons were nice compared to pads, but after using a menstrual cup I can't wear tampons anymore. It's honestly very painful and drying.

Pads are really cute. Instead of plastic ones that tape under with wings, they just use a little button or velcro. My faves are by Saucy Tots To clean them, usually you would just throw it into the trash, you just put it in a bucket with a little water and baking soda (the baking soda makes it so they don't smell at all) and then after you're done with your period just take the bucket, dump it into your washer with some oxyclean and you're done.

i wear pads if im home and not to heavy, and tampons when i leave the house or if im super heavy i may wear both for more protection, i buy the variety pack of OB's for tampons but i agree tampons do dry and irratate you if your flow isnt heavy.

are you talking about the instead cups?? i hated those they leak i bought them for protection during sex that time of the month and it sucks but tampons work great as far as stoping leakage during sex..i know im gross thought i would share..lol

Back