Red Wine for Skin care?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Mod notice: Just a heads up that this is an old thread that was brought back to life.  Some of the information in this thread may still be helpful, but keep in mind that many of the posts and poster opinions may be outdated!

Actually I have used sometime around Chirstmas (of course i was drinking alot of wine :laughing: ) its simple, you need any type of red wine, (only red wine not white) and a cotton ball.
Soak the cotton ball in the wine, and use as a toner.. and Do NOt Rinse. and air dry and go to bed.
It feels weird but the next morning my face is pretty smooth..
So I have been researching about this and..
i found a great organic skin care that i want to share with you ladies.. :handkuss:

Whole Foods Market : Whole Body : Skin Care

Enjoy!

well I read about Teri Hatcher uses a glass of red wine for her body care. When she takes a bath, pour a glass of red wine and that's it..

and I googled red wine+skin care, red wine is anti-aging

i have tried.. just becaue I had alot of wine to drink..It was around Christmas.. hahaha :laughing: and it doesnt need alot of wine either..

So I tried, my face felt like I got a good scrub. I think because of its acidity (you know how yogurt or apple cider vinegar works...) and you know grape is good for your skin, (lots of you talked about grape oil or skin care remedies)

So it works..

if you have some red wine left at home, why don't you try it tonite?

thanks for your recipe. it may be a silly question. why red wine is good to skin while we always try to avoid skin care products containing alcohol?

not sure, but i am guessing lil bit of alchohol is ok...

red wine contains acidity(same as ASV) and grape skin (that's why only red wine works)

I have.. its the same effect with putting on your facial. Soft and Soft.. :laughing:

Red Wine Bath reminds me "Sake bath" which we do in Japan :laughing: I haven't tried red wine bath myself, but I'm very curious.

Sounds like another good reason to try red wine. My doctor recommended drinking a glass of red wine in the evening for the health benefits, but I've never been much of a wine person.

Interesting theory on red wine! I know regular alcohol is widely used in the cosmetic industry. It is often used in a variety of concentrations in skin toners for acne skin, aftershave lotions, perfumes, suntan lotions, and toilet waters. Alcohol is very drying to the skin when used in high concentrations. It would be to drying for my skin:(

Shar

The alcohol in skin care is very likely not the same kind of alcohol in wine. I think the alcohol in skin care is more like the alcohol in those hand sanitizers, which is isopropyl alcohol and it can make you *extremely* sick drinking it.

Now I have an idea for what to do with any wines I buy that I don't like.

Back