Foundation - Liquid or Powder

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wondering what you guys prefer - Liquid foundation or powder and why?

I use mac studio fix powder and its ok but am thinking to try something new

I prefer powder foundation. Liquid foundation is just too messy and too much of a pain to deal with early in the morning. I find it's easier to blend any type of foundation other than liquid.

Powder. I just switched back from using liquid, i just like powder alot more. Im using Stilas powder foundation at the moment.

Yeah, I also use MAC studiofix. I'm thinking about switching also because it makes me look too chalky. I don't even bother w/ liquids cuz it's just easier for me to do powders!

I like liquid foundation applied with my MAC 187 brush. I am a former studio fix powder user, and I am sooo glad I stopped using it (it was causing my face to break out). Foundation gives me a dewy look and doesn't make me look dry IMO. I love Revlon Colorstay.

I like liquid - I use MAC studio fix (the liquid one). I find the liquid stays on better.

I still prefer cream/liquid foundation over powder foundation.

I have yet to find a pressed powder that matches my skin tone yet gives that nice coverage. I have Napoleon Perdis camera finish powder foundation which I use for touch-ups in mid-day or afternoon.

I use powder and am hunting for a decent mineral foundation match. I've never liked the feel of liquid foundation on my skin.

I've switched from powder to liquid on my shoots. Been using Shiseido Dual Balancing Foundation & Make Up Forever Face & Body Foundation.

The girls love the the 'smooth quality & fine finish' it gives their skin.

i currently use revlon colorstay liquid foundation and i love it you put it on once and do not have to worry about touch-ups, i am a former mac studio fix user and i hated looking chalky and most of all ihated the breakouts!

i dont use foundation, just concealer and pressed/loose powder.

although i am looking for a powder foundation believe it or not.

i prefer the feel of powder, i have problems putting on liquid foundation, as in the feel of it on my face just really bothers me.

I mostly use mineral or powder foundation because it doesn't take that long to put on, and I don't really need the amount of coverage that liquid foundation provides. Sometimes I'll put it on just for kicks, bc I have some from MUFE and Vincent Longo that I really like.

I use both, usually powder for super hot days or I'm in a rush because application is much quicker and liquid when I have the time to blend.

when my skin is really in a ruckus, i use both.

but, when my skin is pretty much wonderful, i use either just powder or nothing.

Back