Allergic to mascara??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
whenever i use mascara, my eyelashes itch like crazy. soo bad, that the only thing to relieve the itch is to tug at the lashes & like, 10 come out in a huuge clump!

whats the deal?? am i allergic?

possibly, but then again maybe its an eye cream, primer, moisturizer.. it could be anything really! good luck!

well, like today. i just wore mascara, since i wasn't going anywhere.

its a cheap mascara anyways. something i got from christmas.

What kind is it? Is it a really fancy one, or from a department store? To check, try a different type of mascara (I'd go a cheapy). It could just be time for a newy.

Try using it without any other makeup near your eyes, too, to check that it's not something else that's getting in your eyes. :kopfkratz:

Let us know.

well, nothing else was around my eyes today =]] just the mascara. so, i looked to see what its called. its; Sara St. James. i got it for xmas this year. i don't think the mascara is too cheap. online, its $12.

Hmm there could be a particular ingredient in that particular brand that irritates your eyes.

I think all the mascaras I've tried have made my eyes itch and/or water... even Almay's which i think is supposed to be ophthalmologist tested. I know they advertise that it's hypoallergenic.

Maybe you should try a different brand. I've tried alot of different mascara brands [high and low end] and found I was allergic only to Maybellines.

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM! I've learned that REGULAR MASCARA of any kind, no lengthening or whatever... just plain old colored mascara, usually in a lighter color than the skin or CLEAR MASCARA OR CLEAR BROW GEL.... will not irritate the eyes. I love CoverGirl's clear mascara because the brush is exactly like the brush of the regular mascaras.... It works great and i'm not rubbing it off all day.

try switching brands, my mom had that problem and could only use certain ones

I know it's possible to be allergic to mascara -- I knew someone who was and it was really a bummer for her. That said, I couldn't say what it was about it that made her have an allergic reaction to it -- I know she'd tried several different kinds. Like others have said it's probably an ingredient in it, but it might be one necessary to mascara. Perhaps you could ask your dermatologist to check out the ingredients?

I just purchased the Double Extend and it's making my eyes itch. I didn't think anything about it until I talked to my mother and she had the same problem with that mascara :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> There are also several cheap lipsticks that break me out in tiny blisters, too! I would love to know which ingredient I should be avoiding so I don't breakout or itch! LOL

Hope you find your perfect mascara soon ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I had a reaction to Lancome mascara. Who knows. Try a different brand. Worked for me.

That sounds like an allergic reaction to me... Maybe get a formula with less stuff in it and no promises. Or opt for clear.

It would suck that you have bald lashes because of an allergic rxn...

weird because i think im allergic to liquid eyeliner, ive tried so many brands but they all make my eye itch and irritated. it drives me nuts!

Many times even if you have never been allergeric you can develope allergies. Google mascara supreme hypo allergenic,

or mascara for sensitive eyes. Then you can shop around a bit.

Back