Side-Swept Bangs Tutorial

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had a request on how I do my side swept bangs, so I decided to do a tut! I hope you all like it, and please ignore the fact that I have NO makeup on, and I have huge dark circles under my eyes, because I am soooo tired.

What you will need:

Gel or Mousse

Large Round Brush

Hair Dryer

Wide Toothed Comb

Hairspray

Curling Iron 1" or larger

Step 1

While your hair is still damp separate your bangs from the rest of your hair, and comb them.

abangs1.jpg

Step 2

I'm using Aussie's Aussome Volume Hair Gel. You can use Mousse as well, I just prefer the gel like hold and texture.

abangs2.jpg

Take a dime size amount of gel between your pointer finger and thumb and run it through your bangs.

abangs3.jpg

Step 3

This is how your bangs should look after they have been geled.

abangs4.jpg

Step 4

Take your large round brush and roll your bangs upwards, and start drying.

abangs5.jpg

Step 5

Another view of drying my bangs, so you can see how I roll it upwards.

abangs6.jpg

Step 7

This is how your bangs should look after blowdrying. Spray lightly with hairspray.

abangs7.jpg

Now, dry the rest of your hair.

Step 8

Pull your bangs straight up in front of your face.

abangs8.jpg

Step 9

Take your curling iron and roll your hair like-so. I don't know how to describe this, so I hope the picture helps a little. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

abangs9.jpg

Step 10

This is how your bangs should look after your release them from the curling iron.

abangs10.jpg

Step 11

Spray lightly with hairspray and let them cool.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c324/xHellsBellex/abangs11.jpg

Step 12

Take a wide toothed comb, and comb your bangs out gently.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c324/xHellsBellex/abangs12.jpg

Step 13

The finished product:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c324/xHellsBellex/abangs13.jpg

Now, go show off those sexy side swept bangs!

It's amazing how all that up curling makes it look like that!! I am going to try it tomorrow morning!!! I am sure it takes some practice...

If I do it crappy - HALF PONY!! HAHA!

BTW - You are SO CUTE!

Thank you bluebird! Let me know how it goes!

Alex- if you mess it up, just re-wet your bangs, and try again. It took me a couple of tries before I got the hang of up curling. It kinda feels weird at first.

That's how I do the sides of my hair as well. Just pull them straight up and curl them back. I swear, I'm so glad I found out about the little up curling trick. It's my HG hairstyle, if there is such a thing!

You guys will have to show me pictures, and let me know how it goes! I'm sure you both will do fine, and it will look awesome!

Hmm I cant see most of the pics, but thanks for the tut! Heyyy did you dye your hair, it looks darker!?

Yeah, I did it on Sunday. The jury's still out on whether I like it or not. :lol:

Not very long. Just until the hair feels warm.

I used to do my bangs like that! Although I think you can get your bangs to look like this without using so many steps.. I think you used a bit of mousse and a round brush (of course a blow dryer) you can get those bangs easily. I used my flat iron on a low-heat setting and straightened them and they came out looking like yours.

I did just the curling step tonight because I couldn't stand it I had to try!!!!

Since my hair had been Chi straitened it's not coming out as well...but I understand the concept now!!

When it's all done up tomorrow (and my makeup is still on) I will put a set of pics up there :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

so that's how it's done! now i've just gotta wait for my bangs to grow out a bit before i can try that.

I've always wondered how to achieve this look. Thanks so much for the great tut!

thanks for posting.

my bangs never do what i want them to do so this might come in handy.

You look really cute, I really like your hair color too!!! I'm thinking of cutting my bangs a little bit and I wanted to do that style

Latest posts

Back