Ladies you must get yourself some Pure Virgin Coconut Oil

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Pure virgin coconut oil. I got some last week and I was skeptical but the guy said "once you use it, you will come back for more". no lies there. Within a week of using it, my acne scars have healed, I hardly breakout, and my face is so smooth. I keep freaking out because nothing has ever worked for me like this. So if you have that one stubborn scar that wont just freaking heal because it has a mind of its own, Coconut oil might just be for you. and guess what? It absorbs easily and you can even make your own coconut oil if you dont trust the store stuff.

This sounds very interesting. Where can I buy this? Does it make your skin more oily if you already have oily skin?

No it doesnt make your skin more oily. I have oily skin and what it does is, it absorbs into my skin within minutes. I just apply a tiny dot because a little goes a long way. Making Coconut Oil - The Old Chamorro Way

here are some healing qualities of coconut oil :

Skin (mosquito/insect bites, itching, rashes, cuts, bruises, scratches, acne, sun-burn, burns, blisters, wrinkles, warts, moles, fungus, skin cancer, pre-cancerous lesions, eczema, stretch marks, massage).

* Coconut oil is antiviral, antifungal (kills yeast too) and antibacterial. It attacks and kills viruses that have a lipid (fatty) coating, such as herpes, HIV, hepatitis C, the flu, and mononucleosis. It kills the bacteria that cause pneumonia, sore throats, dental cavities, urinary tract infections, meningitis, gonorrhea, food poisoning, pneumonia, and many, many more bacterial infections. It kills the fungus/yeast infections that cause candida, ringworm, athletes foot, thrush, jock itch, diaper rash and more.

* Coconut oil is called the "low fat" fat. It actually acts like a carbohydrate in that it is quickly broken down in the liver and used as quick energy. It is NOT stored like other fats. It boosts one’s energy and endurance. Many athletes use it blended into their drinks. It also supports thyroid function and increases your metabolism (great if you want to lose weight).

* Coconut oil improves digestion and absorption of fat soluble vitamins, minerals (especially calcium and magnesium), and amino acids. It improves the body’s use of blood glucose and improves insulin secretion and absorption (great for type II diabetes). In fact, many diabetics (type I and type II) use it to reduce their symptoms. One’s risk of diabetes decreases with regular use of coconuts and coconut oil. And as we already mentioned, cooking with coconut oil does not create any harmful byproducts.

* Coconut oil helps the body heal and repair faster. It aids and supports immune function, protecting us from a variety of cancers.

* Coconut oil, contrary to much hubbub, is good for your heart. It keeps our blood platelets from sticking together (and causing dangerous clots). Regular users of coconut oils have a much lower chance of atherosclerosis (clogging of the arteries), arteriosclerosis (hardening of the arteries), and strokes. Coconut oil can lower your blood pressure.

* Coconut oil is a natural antioxidant. It protects the body from free radical damage and prevents premature aging and degenerative diseases.

* Finally, coconut oil is the best massage oil on the planet. What it does to your skin, you simply have to witness. It forms a barrier against infections, softens and moisturizes your skin, and prevents wrinkling, sagging, and age spots. It promotes healthy hair and complexion, protects from any damaging UV rays. (It is used in Ron Salley’s products.)

Another link for how to make coconut oil

Thanks for posting this. how nice that worked on your acne scar :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'll try mine tonight on my face(which i've never tried be4), will let you know later. hopefully it won't get me pimples.

oh my goodness! i can't believe you posted this! i was in one of my fav little health huts and i saw a jar of organic coconut oil and have been tempted several times to pick it up. now, mind you, it was in the food section, but who cares! if i can eat it then i now i can put it on my skin! lol~ now i know i have to get it! it must be fate! thanks for the rec!

I buy Spectrum organic, unrefined coconut oil at the health food store. It comes in a tub and is in a solid state so you have to soak the container in hot water for it to become liquid. I originally bought it to use as a hair treatment but have been using it lately as an all over body oil which is awesome. I've never used it on my face b/c I was afraid it might break me out but i might give it a try now. Thanks for letting us know.

mine is like that. I once chewed a bit of it and it was pretty good. It wont break you out. I have oily skin and if it hasnt broken me out yet, then i doubt it would.

Sweet! I will definitely test it out then! So do you just run your hand across the top when it's in solid form or do you melt it first to use for your face?

nice post

i've actually read that coconut oil is good for people with thyroidism and can also be used for weighloss in people who have hypo-thyroidism

Thanks for posting that, I know a girl with ugly scars, I will recommend her to use this! Thanks again.

smells just like coconut..because it is coconut...:moa:

yeah, i just rub it in between my palms and massage it into my face. i make sure to also dot some on my eye are so that i dont get premature dark circles. I even applied some on my bf and he approves and likes it. (he just recently started moisturizing so he kind of is sketchy about creams..)

Latest posts

Back