Sign in to follow this  
empericalbeauty

Ladies you must get yourself some Pure Virgin Coconut Oil

Thank you for all your testimonials.

This is my supler plan:

Morning and Night I'll use "The most Magical Skin Recipe" posted by MissLovely.

For the shower: A mix of olive oil, sugar and coconut oil to exfoliate this awesome body.

And...........

Before bed: Coconut Oil for the face.

Tomorrow I'll go and hunt all the ingredients.

Thank you for this great post!

Does it have to be virgin coconut oil? i have an all natural one from the health food store but its not virgin. the same company makes a virgin one too but its $20.00!!

Wow I just bought some for cooking, I didn't know it had such rave reviews for skincare too. I'll def give it a try!

Update:

I used coconut oil on my cousin's hair and she couldnt stop singing praises. She is very picky about products so at first she was sketched out. but now she wants it on her hair everytime.

I've heard this before. It was a craze like a decade ago back home. Coconut oil and Indian Hemp for hair growth and lustre. But thanks for the info on skin!

I HAVE THAT EXACT SAME ONE!!!! GOT IT IN HARLEM LAST YR!! WOO HOO!!!

Hmm, I just purchased some coconut oil, however it doesn't say virgin or extra virgin on it. It's by Shashi, and it says 100% natural coconut oil. :unsure: Can this be a problem? I'm not quite sure if I should attempt applying this on my face if it doesn't state virgin/pure on the label. Grarg. Ideas? Comments? Advice?

I use the same face wash you do. It does take a few days and then the clogged pores come to the surface. Try exfoliating with a washcloth and mixing the coconut oil with aloe gel for your face. Also, apply a fine layer of aloe gel to the bumps after moisturizing. It does clear them up.

Well I have been using this on my face as a moisturizer at night for about a month now and my face has been great. The CO isn't too oily and absorbs into my skin quickly. I love it!!

yesterday i took some of it still in its solid form(well, as much as i could, it's stored in a bottle) and applied it just on the tips of my hair.i let that sit all night while i was working my last exam and this morning i was impressed as my ends had sort of drank the oil.

SO i finally found the Coconut oil and I used it last night like Emperical beauty suggested. After washing my face I rubbed it onto my wet skin. I used maybe the size of a pea and first it felt a bit greasy but by the time I was ready for bed I believe it was all absorbed into the skin.

This morning after my shower I used it on my body. I think I could have used more but I am really not into the coconut smell.

I am happy to say that the smell disapated and I am just left with soft skin.

How much should I use for my face in the evening. Do you think I used to much?

Do you use it in target areas thicker? ie around the eyes

no, i don't think you used too much, it's an oil so it spreads easily on your face, so really use a little amount then see if you need much for some areas. i apply more oil on my drier areas, heels and elbows. for the eye contour, i'd say i just apply the same amount than everywhere else on my face.