MAC Barbie Shirt

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone know when those are going to be back in stock? I want one before my trip at the end of March. They are currently sold out.

I just went on live chat, and it's not going to be back in stock since it was an online exclusive. So, anyone who didn't get it, is SOL :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Me either Emily. I know our MAC isn't even having their event until the end of the month, and if it sells out before, then WTF is the purpose in the event?! Cause they said they're not getting a second shipment :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i've read alot of post with people saying there stores/counters are having events at the end of the month even beginning of march and didnt quite understand why they are doing it 2 weeks after release consdiering most of it is selling out already within a couple of days of release

i hate the way they market their products. the way everyone does actually. the tmx elmo craze too... remember that..they limit the quantities SO much. then people are attacking each other in stores to get one... i hate that they MAKE IT a demand.

same thing with MAC... they knew barbie would be huge. i think it's a slap in the face to all of their valued customers. i mean i know in the last 6 months i spent almost 2 thousand dollars at MAC. if i wanted barbie, and i couldn't get one... i'd be pi$$ed off. luckily i got one, and everything else i wanted... but it makes me so mad for the others that didn't.

I agree. some ordered dolls then found out they werent getting one. I dont think it would be too hard for the system to keep up , I dont think they were prepared for the popularity of this collection.

I agree...it's like the PS3 craze where they didn't put out enough. I just called MAC and the lady was so freaking rude...before I even got my question out she said no. There is absolutely no need to be rude to people. I went to Nordstrom yesterday to get some e/s and they said a lot of the colors were almost gone and their event starts Friday.

I just did a live chat as well and told the lady that there were a lot of frustrated people out there. She acknowledged that there were thousands of MAC and Barbie collectors...I felt like saying well if you guys knew that why didn't you have more in stock!! Okay, I'm off this soapbox..I did get a code for free standard shipping. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Exactly! My only saving grace is that unless they sold out when it hit yesterday, since we're snowed in today (and possible tomorrow), I can get it tomorrow... Actually, I'M snowed in, but that's because they haven't plowed our street, and it's coming down faster than we'd be able to shovel it!

Heck! I'd be surprised if any Barbie people actually had the chance at a doll. I have collected dolls my whole life- Grandma bought me my first Barbie in 1972... and if it wasn't for the lovely ladies on this forum, I would have been so disappointed. I think the MAC fans were better informed and ready to pounce on the merchandise than the Barbie collectors.

I'm a new MAC fan, and I love the quality and colors of their make-up, but that is no excuse to treat your clientele poorly. MAC reps have lied to me, not to mention transfered me to nowhere- because the rep on the phone just didnt want to deal with their problem- the MAC barbie blunder '07 (mbb07). I'm sorry, but if your item is not available- then dont send a confirmation and if you sent one in error, APOLOGIZE! No one has done that yet- but boy did they get back to me quickly when I left a positive survey- which they had me fill out before they completed their part of the transaction. Ridiculous! Last night they charged me for the shirt- e-mailed me a receipt- but no where on there was an explaination as to why I was not charged for the Barbie- it was like they tried to sweep it under the rug. Maybe the shopper wouldn't notice. I just feel worse for the people who didn't know to call and think this whole time that a confirm meant they got one. They could have at least e-mailed to let the shopper know that there had been an error and that they should visit one of the shops if thier heart was set on a doll... but ironically they sent the receipt AFTER the event was over. Because It's not really about the tons of MAC and Barbie collectors- its about poor planning, disrespect and horrible customer service!

I apologize for going on and on and I feel like i'm beating an old horse to its end... I cannot thank you guys enough for helping me and reading these terrible posts- i'm getting off the soap box now I need to think of something happy ...

like... HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

myspacevren.jpg

i was trying to buy some of the makeup especially the pink eyeshadow and it said it was in stock then when i went to finalize, all the items said sold out.

Weird! Cause I still show all of the e/s online as being in stock. Have you checked Macy's and Nordstrom websites?

This burns me up. All that hype-and no product. It make me want to slap the piss out of somebody. If I end up in jail--tell hubby to bring laptop and leave me there, LOL

i wonder how it will go in France... i don't think we'll have the doll or the tee shirt, but i'd really love to see women fight just for an e/s, lol (so i could take one while they're fighting ^^).

Back