Sacrificing

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
what's something you've had to sacrifice for your SO? it can be a tiny thing or a big thing.

although i haven't done it yet (will in about two weeks or so), i think one of the biggest sacrifices i'll be making is moving from a place i was born and raised in, new york, to some place 100% opposite, in mississippi, to be with toby. i'm leaving my family, friends, and job behind here and i'm very nervous and scared, but i know he's gonna be worth it.

Don't think of it as a sacrifice. Think of it as the beginning of a new chapter in your life.

:hug:

Awww Jen,I am so excited for you,and I can see why your nervous and scared,but I think its a great thing you are doing!

Jenn, I know it's going to be so hard for you, but it will also be so good for you!! And you will be closer to MEEE LOL!

I think the biggest sacrifice that I made was having Evan, it was a good sacrifice though. I gave up a few friends and staying up as late as I wanted, but traded it all in for a beautiful baby boy who probably saved me from doing things that were wrong (not talking drugs or anything, just not giving myself the best life).

I used to live in Mississippi for eight years. I loved living in Mississippi as I found the people to be very friendly. I live in Louisiania now and I am originally from Philadelphia,PA. Are you moving on the GulfCoast it used to be beautiful there until Hurricane Kathrina hit.

The biggest for my husband was moving to Arkansas over the summer...I am from Washington state and we both met in Arizona while in college...we lived there 6 years...I loved it. Had amazing job, friends...the best shopping and night life....but he missed his family so we moved to Arkansas...its not so bad b/c he is happy but I am still adjusting and I miss Nordstrom and the MAC store DAILY!!!!!!!

well w/ my man for him and my kids , i have given up my life to take care of the home and kids.... i dont do a darn thing on my own or w/ him hardly like 2x a year we do something!

if he were to answer this it would prolly be similar to my answer. he would prolly say he has given up majority of his life to his job now because he has to take care of us. but he does however go out ALOT and i never do! men are stingy creatures!

I agree w/Marisol. I don't necessarily see it as a sacrifice. It is the beginning of a new part of your life. When I was younger, I did the same thing Jennifer. I wasn't as far away as you are going to be though and I know that does make a difference. I loved my "new" life! I did miss my family a lot though. You will adjust and do fine. Good luck and I'll be thinking of you. :7dh: :hugss:

I know I didn't really answer your question but I just wanted to add my .02 on this!

Jenn... i did a similar thing like you.. moved away from my family and friends because my boyfriend was an elected official and had to stay in his town. It is a HUGE adjustment... but trust me you will get used to it.

Feeling scared and nervous is totally normal... I did. Sometimes I still want to cry, but in the end it is all worth it.

maybe in the future you can move back closer to your family, but for now... you'll be okay.

I hope everything works out for you, and that you're very happy!

Good luck and don't see it as a sacrifice!

I moved away from my family to be with James and I don't regret it for a second. I don't see it as a sacrifice at all.

awww. thanks so much, everyone :heart: you're all very right!

thanks for sharing your stories :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

well, it was gonna be jackson or a surrounding, quieter area, but we decided meridian so i could be close to his family while he's at work for 2 weeks at a time.

LOL very true!

i heard! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> meridian is where we'll be living. i'd say almost central mississippi?

thanks so much, girls!

i'm glad to know i'm not the only one. everyone made it out to be like i was crazy. "HOW COULD YOU MOVE FROM NEW YORK TO THE STICKS?!?!" :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ok,you will be living about 45 miuntes away from where I live. My husband used to work on the air force base there.

I don't know how much I've sacrificed.. probably only small things, like petrol to drive the hour it takes to get to his house (which will be an hour and a half soon, he's moving :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />). But to reverse the situation, my degree at uni is museum studies and living in Australia, I have been thinking that job prospects would be better overseas. I have an English passport so I want to do a post grad degree there, at the end of this year or mid 2008. When I told Aaron he wanted to know if we could live somewhere near a port so he can continue his job as dockmaster. He didn't even hesitate to ask if he could come too, if he could transfer his degree to an english university or anything, and I know that would have to be a massive sacrifice for him. I have family there, but he would have nothing.

I can't imagine how much your move must mean to your hubby to be, and I think it's so romantic! :heart:

i know where you're talking about! cool.

thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

awwww. how sweet of him. i hope everything works out with you two!

Jen it might be a little bit of a culture shock moving there but like Marisol said, you'll be starting a new chapter in your life!!!! Besides we're all here for you when you move so you won't be lonely.....you'll always have MUT!!!!!

Well, hubby made the same sacrifice as you! We met in his hometown in Tennessee while I was on a summer internship in between college and grad school. A month after we met, he told me (not asked, but just announced!!!) that he was looking for jobs in Indiana where I was moving to at the end of the summer to start grad school! It was definitely scary for him -- hubby is very shy, and spent his whole life either with his parents, or at college which was very near to his grandparents who he visited often. He also spent the whole 2 1/2 years we were in Indiana working a job he didn't like, since it was all he could find :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Then after I graduated, we moved to Missouri to be closer to my family (his family can travel to visit us easier than my family can, so this way we can see both families fairly often). However, he really likes it here in Missouri since it is a little more Southern / Midwestern -- not as Southern as Tennessee, but definitely not as Northern as Indiana!

I don't think I've sacrificed anything too big ... just small things like trying to work out our schedules and such. Grad school was tough for us because I had no free time to spend with him; now our schedules are rough again because hubby is working full-time and taking night classes and he has no free time! But maybe eventually once he finishes his schooling (in like 4 or 5 years!) we will actually have some time together! lol Or maybe we will have kids by that time so we'll still be busy ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> But we have both had to make sacrifices with our schedules, and make an effort to make what time we have together quality time!

Except for me it was the other way round. I moved from a beautiful rural part of the country to one of the worst towns to live in (highest rate of car crime and teenage pregnancy in the country). Everyone thought I was mad, but strangely I like living here.

Back