Kinda embarrassed....have you ever done this??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok so I had to much time today I was cleaning up my Mineral mess, so I put on makeup then I blended some foundation, then I started working on blushes mixing etc. WELL.... I mixed some put some on mixed some etc. Didnt think to much about it till I ran to buy a newspaper and when I came home husband goes Boy you have to much blush on, I went in the bathroom I was a clown I swear. I took off most of the blush and now i think...have i ever done this before, who did I see and not realize it etc. So PLEASE somebody say you have made a similar mistake and I am not alone :)'

BTW- I need to pay more attention in the morning no matter what....:eusa_whistle:

Lol nope not yet. When I'm working and blending it's so all over the place there's no way I could over look it! .....but you know what they say, never say never!

I've done this with eyeliner. Pinks, oranges & reds are NOT my friend. On an average day I have to test 5 to 10 colours at work, and I tend to play with them when I have time. Granted, I loved Boy George way back when, but I'm not wanting to look like him.

I've overdone my blush before when mixing colours. I have to remember when I wear more than one blush to make it extremely sheer. It's okay though. It happens.

Yes sometimes I think I overdo it. Can't help it with all the fun minerals and brushes. I think my problem is eyeshadow. I've going outside my box lately buying shimmering e/s. I always liked matte on me. Well, I have to remember just a little bit of Sex Kitten for my work look but it is just such a fun color.

I was in a similiar situation ... I was contouring w/mineral blushes and bronzer (as u know they are very pigmented) and i totally forgot to blend them together b4 i went out for the day ... boy was that embarassing :blush:

Haha, i rememeber one time I had this blush that I put on my cheeks but I was in such a rush to head to school that I forgot to blend it in...so my friend meets up with me after class and she's like "are u breaking out? u look like u have a rash" lol

yes, i went to work one day and my co-worker (who happens to be a guy) pointed at my face and said, "hmm. you're looking all rosy today." and i don't think he meant it as a compliment. :sleepyhead:

OMG yes that is totally the reason I don't put blush on when I am in a hurry or early in the morning. HAha hun your not alone on this.

Well for every mistake I make I learn. I went on line and read and viewed HOW TO PUT ON MINERALS. Ok I know it wasnt that big of a mistake but by reviewing the info I learned a few tips and got me more consious AGAIN of minerals and less is more etc.

Today I am happy to say I look AWESOME. Thats what it is all about....

I've done it! I have had way too much blush on before, bronzer too! Also, the worst, the foundation line from not blending!!! YUCK haha!

I've done this! When I started using mineral blushers I didn't realise how pigmented they are compared to regular brands. Fortunately James tells me when I've put far too much on or forgotten to blend properly.

Oh gosh this has happened to me tons of times! Mostly when I was younger but not too much with the mineral makeup I use now. However, I too have a problem with putting on too much eyeshadow! The other day I wore a color from Taylor Made and forgot that their eyeshadows are alot more pigmented than most of the other ones I have. Some guy at work commented on how he cough* liked my eyeshadow and when I looked in the mirror later and almost screamed! I looked like Mimi from the Drew Carey show! :rotfl:

i think ive done something worse. i forgot to blend my blush on one cheek. so having one clown cheek looked a little weird :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

yes, i did, when i was trying to put my bronzer correctly, and forgot to blend it. and it was with normal makeup !! lol, i can't imagine how clown i'd be with a mineral bronzer. oh well, with my bold eyes, everyone around me thinks i'm a bit of a clown :rotfl:

My God! Tell me about it! Happened to me just the other day with blush too. It seems that I'm a menace with a blush on hand and not enough hours of sleep. Lol Thank God that I returned home early that day to realize, now more awake, that I looked more than flushed, silly me thinking I looked hot Lol! Morning Brain Malfunctions haha.

I haven't done that, but sometimes I don't pay much attention. I was browsing MUT while putting on my creme foundation today and I accidentally dipped my foundation brush in my lip balm jars instead of my foundation jar.

This happened to me today! I was putting on my makeup early this morning, but not at my usual mirror. That mirror is perpendicular to my window. So one side of my face is darker than the other. I ended up being too heavy handed on that side because the pigments didn't seem as shiny in the darker side and I thought I didn't have enough on!

Back