How my face has changed.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I think this is the right form to add this in, but I thought I'd share my acne journy [which isn't even close to ending, its just still very dramatic]

oh by the way, none of theese photos have been edited in anyway.

BUT I`M WEARING SOME TYPE OF FONDATION IN ALL THE PICTURES.

The summer 06 - turning into an 8th grader

09270617241gq9.jpg
As you seeing during the summer my acne is not bad, why I have no idea.

NOW GET THIS..

around the begging of the school year [8th grade]

1004055vh2.jpg
pretty bad? yes, i know. Its worse close up. This was before i went to my derm.

now get this!

this is about mid school year

picture007og6.jpg
This was when i was using Retin-A and cetapthil cleansers.

Now my current face.

this is 4th months until the 8th grade ends.

picture048et3.jpg
i`m wearing some makeup, but you can see still the difference from all the bumps and everything.

And I`m currently on birthcontrol,retrin-a, and duac cream and still using cetaphil products.

Now, tomorrow i`m going to the derm and more then likely getting on accutane. Which *cross fingers* will make it better then it already is.

but, i felt like sharing my own joy! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

& i'll take pictures while on that and everything, to share also.

now, comments? questions? feel free. haha. :0

Wow that is a big improvement!...Your skin looks soooo much better!

I was wondering since i dont know much about acne...does it make your acne worse when you wear foundation?...How long have you been on those different treatments?...And do you get any facials or anything else done besides meds?

Thanks.

Well, I think it depends on your skin as if foundation affects your acne. For me no, when i wore makeup it was bad, when i didn't it was bad. It never really did anything, but I only wear it school days & during the summer usally every other day.

I have only been Retrin-A for maybe 3 months? And the Duac Gel for 2 months. And the birthcontrol a little over a month.

I've only had one facial in my life, it never affect anything for me.

I've done many different medicines which also never helped. But I've pretty much always been on some type of medicine if it was a cream or pills.

you look great! keep up the good work. i'm also currently using retin-a micro. i hear that it works very slowly...so if you're already seeing results in 3 months, just wait til you get to 6 months! i hear that it works wonders, the longer you use it, the better!! i have adult acne and i know it totally sucks. but you definitely have a great attitude...so keep being positive. things will get better!

thanks everybody.

I know, it didnt take long at all for me. I found it be pretty strange.

I understand how hard it is to have acne, and how hard it is to get it under control. It's not easy as people think. I can't stand it when others are like, use this, this will help... when in fact, they don't know what they're talking about. I've had it since 6th grade so I pretty much know my own skin and know what works on it and what doesn't, I've been on accutane TWICE, so I would strongly suggest it for you too. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And here's some good advice, what I think you should do is clean up your diet as well. Cut out breads and sugar, and WATCH your skin improve before your very eyes. What's your diet like by the way?

Also, I think you should start using products that contain Glycolic Acid to clean out your pores. Cetaphil face wash broke me out and gave me lots of clogged pores, although alot of people say how wonderful Cetaphil products are, personally, the cetaphil face wash is horrible, clogs pores, doesn't have any ingridients that unclogs pores, and that's what us acne prone people need.

I also believe investing into GOOD skin care products is a must. Don't get me wrong, some cheap skin care products are awesome, but personally, purchasing good quality toners/face washes is a must.

Glycolic Solution 8% by NeaStrara has been a godsent for me by the way, I love this product.

thanks.

I like cetaphil, and its cheap. My parents don't have the money to spend on many things its bad enought the derm products i have now costed quite some, and accutane is more expensive.

but thank you for your suggestions.

I had bad acne in middle school also. Guys called me "pizza face." My derm gave me all kinds of stuff that never worked, once I went on accutane for one round, I have never broken out again (I am 29 now). I think I only wore powder then, b/c of my oily skin, my skin also stopped being oily.

congrats and keep us posted!

I also agree that diet plays a major part in having healthy skin and don't forget sunscreen!!!!

your skin looks so much better. Yeah whenever i am on break from school, my skin behaves. but when school starts, stress gets the best of me and my skin, bless its soul, gets a mind of its own and starts whoring around with acne.

your skin is a lot much better, trust me, you'll win over the pimples someday !

the sun dries your skin when your first go out in this bright summer sun. but actually, it does the contrary : it makes your skin oilier (and with all the sweat, your skin becomes sort of dirty=>acne). i spent a few years with a clean face, without much acne during summer, and a pizza face in september.

to avoid that you should always apply sunscreen (and reapply it every 2 hours). also avoid to touch your face when it's not necessary.

i heard birth control pills help. my derm wanted me to take some, but he gave my products i became allergic to, so i didn't try.

what also helped me a lot, and it's cheap, is green clay masks, every week. it helps me very well, because my parents told me my skin was looking really good now.

you look beautiful! not that you werent before, but your skin just really glows now, yay for you

Wow, your skin looks so much better!!! I must say, i would not have the guts to post a thread like this. You will win the battle, dont you worry! I have just about won my battle.....and ive had acne for about 15years!

Latest posts

Back