Rosewater Toner

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys. Sorry if this has been posted, but I did search and I couldn't find anything. Maybe I'm just stupid? Oh well, back to what I was saying. I was at Lush yesterday, and me and the saleslady were talking, and she was telling me that one of their toners have rosewater in it, and it's really good for redness (which I almost ALWAYS have where my pores are biggest.). I didn't have the money to spend $16 on toner, so I didn't buy it. But I was wondering, can't I just make my own rosewater by taking rose petals, putting them in water, and there you go?

Can someone explain if this can be done, and if not, can someone reccomend a store where I can buy pure rosewater for cheap?

Thanks!

i have a link that might be interesting : rosemary facial spray

ok, so it's rosemary, but i think you can try with rosewater.

i think you can use your petals as well, but honestly i don't know how. i just used to put them in a dictionnary and then decorate all my notebooks, lol.

i knew i had a rosewater toner recipe somewhere, here it is (i found it in the sticky with homemade recipes, check it, there are awesome recipes !) :

My fav toner/spritzer pick me up

1 part rosewater

1/2 parts witch hazel, aloe vera juice (each)

5-10 drops of each: pepperment oil; white oak bark extract, grapefruit seed extract

a capful or so of glycerine

Shake well before use and apply with a cotton pad or ball. I keep some in a spray bottle that I store in the fridge and carry with me through out the day to use before I blot or repowder.

You can adjust it based on your skin type. My skin is wicked oily, so the formula above works best for oily skin.

For dry/combination skin, add more glycerine and omit the white oak bark extract

The witch hazel, grapefruit seed, white oak and pepperment extracts are natural anticeptics that are awesome for controlling oil and killing bacteria

The glycerine and aloe insure that the skin doesnt get too dried out and produce more oil.

The rosewater helps the skin retain the moisture and just smells yummy.

You can find just about all the ingredients at your local health food store, but you can get the aloe, witch hazel and glycerine at wal mart in the bandade/peroxide isle.

Yes you can make your own rose water, i used to have the recipe for this but i can't remember where in the hell i put it, but if i find it i could post it if you like.

Thanks everyone!

I'll try to make my own, and if it doesn't work out, I'll get the one from bath and body works

rosewater is great really and u can add a little bit of milk with it.

No, SkinCareFreak, you're not stupid! There may actually be a couple topics we don't already have a thread for! LOL... But, thanks for trying. I saw a Rosewater toner in the Health Food section of my local grocery store last night. It was either Burt's Bees or Jason, I'm pretty sure. I've never tried it, but I thought of this thread when I saw it.

Thanks Kaville! I don't think I'll make my own, I'll buy one first. I'll let you huys know what I think

I've seen basic rosewater in a non-descript bottle (at CVS, I think?). It wasn't expensive at all, IIRC. Maybe do a seek and find at your local drugstores, if you have the time one of these days. I will keep my eye out for it, too, and if I see it, I will make a note of where it was at and how much it was. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks Selene! I'll look at walgreens or something. I have to go by that way on Tuesday anyways :rockwoot:

I buy rosewater from the same place i buy my groceries. 4 dollars for a nice 250 ml, if not more!

i also had the recipe but i lost it, cant find it, i do remember it saying never boil roses for more than one minutes the smell will be like burned leaves then and youll evaporate all of the good nutrients. and i boiled about a handful or two of dried rose leaves the other night, and i left it boiling for more than a minute, it smelt really good actually but its colour was like auburn, and its not suppose to be that colour i guess, because the ones i buy from the grocery store are clear like water. i wonder how u can make rosewater without it having even the slightest tint of colour.

well hope that helps!

Back