187 for minerals?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was wondering, if I could use the 187 brush for applying mineral foundation? Would it work for dry or wet or even both? Anyone ever tried it? What kind o coverage does it provide?

Thank you

I don't believe the bristles are dense enough to get the correct coverage. Several here use it with minerals for blush, bronzer or highlight application.

That brush is better suited for blushes. I think a kabuki or a denser brush would work better for mineral make up.

i agree i dont think it would work that way but people use the 187 for alot of things so idk.

Is 187 a MAC brush? I thought it was a police code for homicide lol :policeman:

I use the 187 for my mineral finishing powder. I use a flat top brush for the foundation.

no it wouldnt work for mmu ,but its great for finishing powders and blushes and bronzers

I use mine for blush, bronzer, or highlighter, but not for MMU. I agree it's not dense enough to apply MMU.

I agree w/Jen that the 187 gives a very sheer finish. If u don't need a lot of coverage the 187 works fine.

I use the 187 for mineral foundation and it works great! I find that if I use a regular kabuki, it tends to look chalky at times esp with Monave CF.

:lol:

I'm so glad that someone asked about this brush. I have looking at that brush but more for applying blush. It's good to know the best usage since it's not a cheap buy.

I use the 187 for a light coverage with MF but I think MF works better with a kabuki brush.

the 187 is great with bronzer/blush

this brush is great for applying mineral blushes and highlighter/all over face colors

Back