Mixing mineral foundation with moisturizer

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone do this to create a tinted moisturizer? I think it's my new HG application. I'm tired of my shedding, scratchy brushes!

This method provides the benefits of moisturization, easy smooth coverage, and applying minerals "wet". Perfect if I'm in a hurry. I'm just going to mix a mineral foundation shade and apply it wet from now on. It's like foundation and concealer in one, too.

I just slap it on, dust some blush, cover in setting powder (I'll probably mix a custom shade up), spray with water.

Who's a shade mixing mogul? I'm starting to be one!

I tried but it didnt mix well. Maybe it was the moisturizer or i just did a crappy job. I ended up throwing it away because i didnt like it but im all for experimenting!

Did you let it sit or something? I mix a new small batch up every day on the back of my hand.

On the back of your hand sounds igenouse what a great idea and that way you dont make to much, cool idea

I think it helps that my moisturizer (biologica i think) isn't very thick, so the foundation makes it creamy rather than plastery.

This doesn't work well with my Aveeno moisturizer. It contains finely milled oatmeal and I think it changes the texture.

I am afraid to try that - I am not usually good at those kinds of things! I am having alot of luck doing my MMU wet with Fix+ spray, thanks to Thais!

Which brand of MMU do you use for this? I would like to try this. I read on another MMU forum that someone had success with this by mixing their minerals with aloe vera gel and applying. I guess it works better with some brands than others.

i might give this a try ,i just cant seem to get the right amount of buffing ,minerals etc,thanks for the info:) and also what kind of mmu works well with this method?

BE is what I've tried most with this, works well. My moisturizer is also just a touch watery. BE's Revver-upper moisturizer works as well though.

I've tried this with my Olay moisturiser but it ended up having a white cast (must be the SPF in Olay) or maybe I should use a darker shade of MMU foundation when doing this.

I don't think certain brands of MMU mix well with moisturizer. And I'm sure certain moisturizers don't mix well with MMU, either. Haha. I've done it before myself, but it never gave me enough coverage on its own. I always put another layer of foundation over top of it with a brush, and that worked well for me.

I've never had much luck applying mineral makeup mixed with moisturiser. I've never had luck with applying minerals wet either :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just tried it today because they idea sounds so great, especially because it takes less time. Unfortunately it didn't work at all - my face was totally uneven and when I tried to spread everything more evenly, I rubbed parts away and ended up with flaking skin ... Mhm, maybe my winter moisturizer is a bit too thick, I'll try it again when I switch to a lighter lotion.

Back