How many brands have you tried?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was curious about how many brands of MMU I've tried, so I counted, and I've got samples from 16 different companies! Some of them I haven't tried, either because the color is off or the texture seems too cakey when applied on my forearm, etc.

I am going to try to NOT try any more brands for a while at least. Unless someone comes on with an incredible RAVE about one.

Of all the ones I've tried, the Lumiere Flawless Finish is my favorite. It doesn't gather in my fine lines, and it lasts well. The price is good too. Kim is about to put some new products on her website, and I can't wait. She's coming out with a new foundation formula (even though the ones she has are great!). I'll have to try it, though.

Hmm... about 10 or 11. No clear fav just enjoying the samples at this point. Well Ocean Mist Or JLynne is awesome for me really. I have a few items I need to order or want to order them I to am quiting for a while, use what I have, UNLESS there comes something I jut gotta try

In terms of foundation, I've tried Monave (HG), BE, EDM, and...I'm not looking at my case of makeup right now, I don't know what else. Monave is fantastic for me. But I am looking at OCM and debating getting some samples from there sooner or later still.

Eyeshadows....Valerie, Lumiere, Fyrinnae, MAD Minerals, BE, I've just placed another order with Pure Luxe.

ETA: The only pure luxe I have previously is the blacklight eyeshadows, but I don't get a chance to wear them so...here's hoping this order serves me well :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have at least six or seven different brands and I have only used the samples from OMC so far.... It gets expensive ordering those samples, but I can not seem to stop myself:)

EDM, Meow, Pure Luxe, Valerie Beauty, Joppa, Ocean Mist and Twisted Fayte... I think that's all I have tested.

I've tried, loreal -Back in high school when I was broke

Revlon - High school

nuetrogena-I used this until end of high school.

estee lauder

clinque

Dior- Currently using Dior foundation.

Shesido

and now I am sticking to MAC - (Now I use everything of MAC).

Hmmmm, I have tried EDM, Lily Lolo, Valerie, Uglogirl, Monave and Lumiere..all pants!

MEOW is the absolute perfect match for me. Flawless Feline in Naughty Abysinnian :rockwoot: Great coverage with a natural look and NO skin irritation.

I also love their Kitty-licious blush and Trashy eyeshadow, which makes a great liner.

Plus they have HUGE fullsize jars of foundation compared to the other brands above. About 3 times as big!

And the best thing is that they have discount promotions on US national holidays!!!

Mineral Makeup by Meow Cosmetics No Bismuth No Parabens

Knock yourself out :satisfied:

These are the brands I've tried so far: BE (yuck), EDM (eh), Alima (nothing great), J Lynne, Valerie, Lauress, Monave, Lumiere, the last 2 are my HG's. J Lynne and Valerie have some wonderful glows, Lauress has some great lippies, but Monave and Lumiere's foundations are THE BEST in my opinion!

BE

EDM

Alima

Aromaleigh

OM

Monave

Pure Luxe

Fyrinnae

Signature

Meow

Lumiere (My HG!)

I've got stuff on the way from Twisted Fayte, MAD, and Sweetscents.

I believe I've tried 8:

BE

Signature Minerals

Joppa

Aubrey Nicole

Lily Lolo

Monave

Aromaleigh

EDM

Let's see I have tried: (in order)

Bare Escentuals

Joppa Minerals

Everyday Minerals

Signature Minerals

Mad Minerals

Oceanmist Cosmetics

Lumiere Cosmetics

Monave Cosmetics

Meow Cosmetics

Still no HG is any of those, but I don't mind. I love sampling new brands.

I think I've tried five or six brands just trying to see what the different brands had to offer, but I got tired of it no one offers anything different so I'm sticking with BE.:smile:

BE

EDM

Signature

Lumiere

Valerie

Monave

Oceanmist

Loreal(not real mmu tho)

Not sure how many brands I've tried for eye shadow but I've only tried a few foundation brands.

Here's mine...gosh, until I wrote this, I never would have thought this many!

Aubrey Nicole

Ocean Mist

Joppa

Lumiere

Signature

BE

Silky Makeup

B'uffd

EM

Mineral Basics

Meow

Aubrey Nicole

Ocean Mist

Joppa

Lumiere

Signature

BE

Silky Makeup

B'uffd

EM

Meow

Wow, great minds think alike:)

BE (stopped because of itch except kept the many e/s I have- less bismuth oxychloride)

Littlestuff4u pure minerals (love e/s and blushes- foundation too dry for me)

Monave- (love their eyeliner pencils for an easy mineral/botanical use and semi-matte white for perfect brow highlighter- illuminizers are beautiful too)

Signature

Lumiere (HG foundation for me-- Flawless foundation is lovely- love the sheer silk powder too, got 21 e/s from them, hmmm what else... oh yeah, love the prices!)

Valerie (love Satin Sun and centerfold illuminating powders)

Mad Minerals (SPF powder- brilliant idea for no icky feeling sun block- liking sheer tan bronzer too)

Milan Minerals- loving those gelle drops to make eyeliner stay in any mineral color I want.

Eventually fyriannae will be on this list too--- their e/s are so yummy I won't be able to hold out much longer.

Latest posts

Back