Meow Flawless Feline

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I haven't tried Meow yet, but I'm curious how the coverage of the Flawless feline compares to Monave CF or Lumiere's VV/FF. Anyone care to chime in?

I love Meows Flawless Feline!!!

I have tried Monaves CF and I found it thick and hard to blend ( maybe due to the kaolin clay content?) The same with Lumieres VV.

I guess it depends on how your skin is to start with, but I have a few old acne scars and it gives me the natural looking coverage I want easily.

I use a concealer brush to dab a small amount on any blemishes which also works well.

Maybe I will be brave and post a no makeup and a 'meowed' pic for you..

Halzer - yes please post a pic!!!

Re: Meow's FF... I have only used this once or twice (I usually use the Purrfect Puss & love this) From my brief experience, what's nice about the Flawless Feline is that for the coverage, it still feels really LIGHT on my skin, like I am not wearing any makeup. Whereas with Monave CF and Lumiere VV, the coverage is MUCH BETTER than Meow, but they're a bit heavier and I can FEEL these on my skin... especially by the end of the day with oil build-up.

As much as I love the Monave CF in terms of coverage and color, I agree with Halzer... it feels 'thick'. By the end of the day my face feels sticky.

The perfect combo for me: I use Meow or Lumiere as my overall foundation then dab on Monave's Hyeyeon as a spot concealer for areas that need more coverage.

Halzer, I would love to see a photo of you wearing the Meow! Thanks for the comparison, what a good description.

Lilita, as always you are full of wonderful information and I really do appreciate it. I love the CF and the coverage it gives, but I think I am ready to order samples of Meow and give it a try.

Its bad enough that I posting a 'no makeup' face for you guys..BUT Im also exposing my huge forehead just so ya'll can see the makeup comparision properly. (I usually wear a long side parting fringe/bang to disguise it..)

Anyway the before is dodgy. I use my finger to apply some FF around my nose and inner eyes, cos thats were the redness/dark areas are. Then I kabuki a layer over my face and then use a concealer brush to sort out any blemishes.

If you add more layers it looks even more flawless but I personally dont like to look too made up. The 'after' pic was taken 5 mins after application, as with any brand of MU, I find that it settles and looks more natural after a few minutes.

It is the lightest covering MU I have tried. I agree with lilita about monaves sticky feel.

I used the Naughty abyssinan shade ( Im mac NC35 for reference)

I put the pics together so you can compare more easily.

EDIT: Ok now you have seen it, Im not brave enough to leave the before pic up forever..so its gone!:moa:

Halzer, THANK YOU so much for the pics! It looks great on you! What are you other faves?

Thanks for the pic. I've never heard of this brand but I love love love how it looks on you. Plus, the name is really cute:sheep:

This is on my "to try" list as I've heard nothing but great raves for it. Thanks for posting the pictures Halzer!

Thanks for posting your pics. The coverage looks great on you. I have 8 Perfect Puss samples on order. I usually try to go with the better coverage but decided to try a different tactic with Meow. The shades are mind boggling.

I ordered my FF samples a few days ago. FF contains boron nitride along with zinc oxide and titanium oxide (mica, of course, too..) which "sticks" much better to the skin and gives a very smooth finish. The finish powder they have, a mix of b.nitride and pure silk may be the ultimate mattifying finish...Samples coming... :)

my first mssg here :yaya:

Halzer you look great! thanks for sharing!

Here are my B/A pics for Meow Purrfect Puss - the coverage is lighter and sheerer than Flawless Feline (eg, you can still see my freckles) but I prefer to look not too made-up. I've said this before - I really LOVE how Meow feels on my skin.

397811837_4e77d2d8bd_m.jpg

Lilli you look good. I've seen you on other boards, HeY girl. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Anyway what color with Meow works best for you now w/ the new colors cause I can't be buying 2 and 3 foundations and mixing and such things as that :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Welcome to MuT!:hand: Can tell you are a newbie to Lilita's foundation recipes. She's the queen of mixology!:chef_smiley: I am not sure she wears any foundation that isn't her special recipe of multiple colors. When it comes to shades, she seems to know most brands... also, she has a chart posted of all the foundation colors she's tried. It's really good. Everyone is really helpful to get foundation colors right.

I'm going to try Meow too. I ordered some Lumiere samples and it was too powdery for me. It just didn't look good at all. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The great thing about Meow is the message board they have. I posted a picture of my face with no makeup and they gave me 3 different color choices to try. I'll definitely be ordering from them tonight.

thank you icecookies and Hoozey! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> You are so sweet.

I sort of have a love-hate thing with mixing foundations. At first it was tedious and messy, and then I bought myself about 30 little 5g jars and some scoops and starting making the chart, and next thing you know, it all became kinda fun. Bit like being an "artist" (<--- what I do for a living anyway) or experimenting in the kitchen...

I spent so many years wearing liquid/cream foundation that was never the perfect shade, so Mineral makeup is liberating and exciting for me! I agree that Meow's foundation shade range can be overwhelming and confusing (and I almost gave up on this brand for this reason), but I really like the formula...

I'm also lazy and don't want to put too many layers of stuff on my face so mixing ultimately saves time. You're all going to think I'm nuts but I have a powder compact which contains a mix of all my favorite FPs: Lumiere's Sand Silk (wonderful for pores) + Val's Satin Sun (for glow) + Monave's Angel (for yellow tint) I was going to add Monave's GLOW in there too but that might be going way over the top.... LOL.

oooh! lilita, mixing all those finishing powders together is such a good idea! I think I'm gonna try that, too...thanks for the tip! I love your Meow pic!

Latest posts

Back