Cheap makeup??? a turn off??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
how do you react to cheap make up like foundation or moisturisers? eyeshadows and eye stuff not counted.

i admit. i have a few covergirl foundation and the wet and wild foundation stick but im afraid to use them because i think i`ll break out or something or that it`ll clog pores etcetc.. am i just paranoid?:policeman:

whenever i wear my higher end foundation, i`ll tend to be lazy and sleep in them ( bad i know) but with cheaper brands, i`m usually in a hurry to get them off.

just asking.. have anyone tried the covergirl clean foundation? i have one coming in the mail though but heard bad bad reviews on them :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You'll probably be okay. The basic, core ingredients are the same in high end make up vs. lower end. I've used Loreal's True Match foundation with no problem. It actually looks just as good as higher end make up IMO.

I use revlon colorstay and I perfer it over most highend foundations I've used. I have acne prone skin and it dosen't break me out nearly as much as MAC's foundation. I do admit, I am a bit biased when it comes to highend vs. low end.

I don't trust any makeup high or low end on my face, what I look for is allergy testing, hypoallergenic, no pore clogging, fragrance free, and oil-free, it has to meet all those requirements so that's why I only use almay or neutrogena, both drugstore brands.

I am like that too!! If I am wearing Loreal HIP, I wash my face, if I wear mmu, I don't. I know that is so bad

i tend to trust more high end brands than low. l'oréal cause me breakouts and i throw to the garbage most of my agnès b stuff (witch is owned by l'oréal), so i get easily suspicious with drugstore brands. but if the product is good, in the end that's all that matters.

All the drugstore brands I've tried have looked horrible on me and my mom, so I only wear high end foundations and mineral makeup. It's also easier to get a precise skin match, since I can test them out.

I love revlon color stay as much as my MAC foundations and I just switch em around. Im also pretty good with washing my face at night and I think that is more of a factor than whether a brand is HE or DS.

Although I am a fan of more reasonable priced makeup...LOL I hate to say cheap. I do splurge on the foundation because if that looks bad, most of the time, it throws your whole look off.

I remember when I bought a nail polish by Revlon and wore it for 2 days. My nails were BRIGHT YELLOW after I took it off. I swore never again. The sad thing is I wanted to get Aishwarya Rai's lipstick, but Lord knows what it would do it my lips that are so sensitive. I've never tired any face make-up hough other than Cotys airspun powder. That stuff is actually pretty good though, so I guess its all about what you want to experiment with.

I used to be that way and would go for high end foundation... but never could find an HG. Now, Revlon Colorstay is still my HG and I don't really consider that cheap makeup. My perception of drug store brands has gone from that is cheap makeup and it will flare up my acne to it is good quality, inexpensive makeup that is worth trying. I now have a good mixture of higher end brands and drug store brands.

I also love Revlon Colorstay foundation. I have never broken out from it (unlike my MAC, which totally broke me out), and it gives me great coverage and lasts all day. I have tried Chanel, Clinique, Laura Mercier, and I also wore MAC for years. Revlon turned out better than all of them. It's my HG!

I'm the same way. I tend to be a bit more trusting with the high end products than I do the low end products. Although there are low end products that perform just as well as the high end products. (I'm not really fond of L'oreal foundation either. Ideal Balance was gloopy, and felt like I was trying to spread orange Elmer's all over my face! Yuck!)

i don't know..

all mac foundations make me breakout.

but, i use mineral now.

:

hm... brands like loreal and revlon are okok to me.. what i really meant was foundationd that are like brandless.. those 1dollar ones or super cheap types :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

revloncolourstay??? hm... i`ll try that out... but i heard stories that it wont come off your face? :scared:

Covergirl Trublend foundation has been used on Americas next top Model contestents... so it can't be that bad :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> x

hi.... we dont have covergirl in my country so i get them off auctions in my country so the selection isn`t great.. to be honest, it`s downright pathetic. :frown:

i only have the covergirl clean makeup foundation, but it smells funky... :ill: dont really have the courage to try it... oh and the same comments apply to the wet and wild stick foundation:scared:

i use covergirl foundation everyday....and i use to wear it to bed everynight just cuz i was too lazy to take it off...it never broke me out like majorly. of course i think taking off your makeup at night of a brand name or not is a good idea... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back