Yay Or Nay: Hair Color

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have naturally black/dark brown hair color. Recently I put some light brown/blond highlights on but don't really like them - so I'm thinking of going back to all dark and starting over with a different look.

I've been really digging Kat Von D's hair in this pic:

l_7440e3868b12fbf7d8594dd6e8b484a0.jpg

Should I go for it, yay or nay?

It is an interesting look - reminds me of blonds that have darker hair underneath.

I say go for it but make sure you go to a good colourist.

I can also see a rich red instead of the gold tones.

To be honest I like the hairstyle more than the color. I guess I'm biased though because I personally think that reds/light browns are more complementary on dark brunettes. It is too easy to screw up blonde and it almost always looks orange and it seems like everyone does that look. If you do decide to do it make sure that you find someone who knows how to strip the color (without damaging it too much) and who will take the time to make sure it develops correctly.

I like it, but it might just be the style that I like, and also Kat haha, she is very cool. It almost looks like she had her hair highlighted underneath and then it grew out a little. But it's nice, if you like it, I agree with the girls and say go for it!

Kat is gorgeous and i actually rlly do like the haircolor. try it then post pics.

I say go for it! You will look super hot. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And if you don't like it you can always color it dark, so no problems there!

Aw. Thank you.

I'm still considering it since I didn't like my last dye I did. Which was only brown highlights.

I don't know why, but I'm just not that into it. But it doesn't really matter what I think. If you like it, then you should totally go for it. Good luck! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back