LaurEss new formula and free samples

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here is the email I received

LaurEss is proud to announce the debut of our new foundation formula!

Elemental Mineral Foundation is everything our original formula was and MORE. Elemental has a silkier texture, improved light refraction for better disguising of fine lines , PLUS it is even more gentle on your skin. This new formula still offers a gorgeous matte finish without looking flat, extremely lightweight feel, easy to blend sophisticated colors, and buildable coverage.

We have also improved many of our foundation colors and organized the naming structure to help you find the right color, with less sampling. Check out the Color Comparison Chart here to see all the colors together. Then check the Color Conversion Chart here to see which of our new colors will work best for you based on what color you used in the original formula. Remember to zoom in on these to see the image correctly.

We are so sure you will love Elemental Minerals, that we are giving you 4 samples... FREE! That's a $10 value! Simply place your sample choices into your cart then, during checkout, enter the

Discount Code: SAMPLES. You will receive $10 off your total order, effective until March 31!

anyone know how big their samples are? i coudlnt find it on the site. it doesnt say their full size either

Thanks for sharing - just placed an order :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

have you used their original formula? HOw did you like it?

Their full size is listed - it's 8 grams net weight, but I also couldn't find their samples sizes. I assume it's the usual 1/4 tsp or something similar :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Cool! I just placed an order. I've had my eye on some of their eye colors for a while so I picked up a few samples of those as well.

I have ordered from them forever and the foundation samples are the usual 1/4 tsp. The others are smaller, about the same size as Alima's. enough to sample for many uses, but not going to last you forever. But then again it is just a sample. :laughing:

ooh, i'm looking to try something other than BE and this is tempting:) thanks!

I am wondering how their colors/shades compare to other companies - are the light shades really light? I"m asking because I just got my Lumiere order and the light shades actually are too light for me...On the other hand, I also have some "light" colors from other companies that are a tad too dark...any help here?

LadyOttoline what shades do you wear in Lumiere? I wear L-M Golden in both VV and FF and wear the Radiant Gold in Lauress. I hope this helps!

Hi! I just found this forum, but am not new to mineral makeup. I have been using minerals for over 4 years and have tried everything that didn't look like a reseller of other brands (like Monave resellers, or private label company resellers), I prefer my money goes to the brains behind the products:tocktock:

ANYWAY, I have used LaurEss and can comment on their color ranges. If you look at their new color comparison chart (thank goodness for this new feature it was too much before) you will see their lightest shade is only one in the Ivory range. This is VERY pale. I tried this (it's equivalent in the original formula was Butter Cream) thinking I needed the lightest shade, and I was WAY wrong. I actually use what used to be called Natural Ivory (I just ordered samples of the replacement named Subtle Ivory) It is the third level of the Ivory range, so I would say the lights can be very light, but there aren't very many in the ultra light range (Delicates). Seems to me the people who usually need the lightest in a store brand tend to start with, what are now, "Subtles" or "Gentles" . Gosh this is getting wordy isn't it? and you asked such a simple question :blush:

I hope this is helpful and not too much info:eusa_whistle:

for some reason i cannot place an order for 2 days

for some reason i cannot place an order for 2 days :scared:

Well, that's the problem - I'm not sure what I'd be in Lumiere, cause all the samples I ordered from them seem to be too light or not the right shade. I got light neutral, light golden and light beige. The LN looked ashy, the LG and LB are ok but definitely too light, So I'd probably be a LM golden or beige - so that would mean a radiant shade in Lauress??

Thanks so much for explaining this, it's very helpful to me [and I didn't even ask the question, haha]! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I ordered 4 samples of foundation a couple days ago, and I was worrying I might not have picked the right shades. But according to your description, I think I did... I usually take the lightest shade of foundation from the stores and I ordered Subtle & Gentle Neutral and Subtle & Gentle Ivory. I'm pretty sure at least one of them should be a good match for me.

How do you like the foundation in regards to texture, coverage, staying power, etc?? Did you use their previous formula, or this new one that they just came out with? I'd love to hear your opinions.

LadyOttoline, if you think the L-M shades in Lumiere will work well for you then I would try the Radiant Line in Lauress (I haven't actually looked at the new colors/foundations on the Lauress site though). If you call or email Lauren she is generally very good w/helping you pick colors after you describe your skin tone/color/other MMU that works for you. Good luck!

i just ordered them.. well if the shades are not for me, i alway can use as highlighter or something else... rite?

I did use the previous formula. I liked it a lot, it was very soft and gave a soft look to the skin, not glowy, not matte, not sparkly. It was easy to build if you needed coverage but it could be applied lightly for sheer coverage or built up for more.

As for the new formula, it just came out last week, so I hadn't tried it until my samples arrived on Friday. So far I REALLY like the new version. It has more coverage but is still flexible, so I use less with this formula and get more coverage, but can still get a sheer layer if I want. It covers my "problem areas" much better then the original formula. I have red acne marks that are all but impossible to see now! I am amazed. I am also amazed how soft and creamy it feels. I thought the original version was soft and creamy, but not compared to this. It is really nice on my face and doesn't feel dry and tight even though it has more Zinc Oxide in it then the original. I also notice the area under my eyes doesn't look crepey (which is a miracle). This has a slight bit more glow then the original but I would still call it matte, I look more awake. It also blends into my skin really well. When I first apply it I let it sit for about a minute and then it's like it just melts into my skin and looks fabulous!

I am so thrilled with this! I also like that the full size foundation has more product in it then the original and costs less. With more product and needing to use less for the results I want, this is a going to last me a long time once I order the full size. I think Lauren has a real winner with this formula.

Here I go again with the excessive information. :laughing:

Hi, Samples came today...and so far so good! Very nice. Out of the 4 samples, Soft Fawn, Radiant Fawn, Radiant Ivory and Soft Gold, the Radiant Fawn is the best match. The Ivory & gold are close as well. The Soft Fawn may work a couple months from now.

The coverage is good, and forgiving. Nice glow. I like this a lot better than the original formula which was too matte for my taste. I've had it on a few hours and it still looks great.

I keep a mirror at my desk to check on staying power thoughout the day. I feel guily for being such a Narcissist! - but I have to keep looking to see how it's holding up!

Great information. I ended up trying the samples of the new foundation because it sounds wonderful and also bought some of the old stuff that is on "clearance" because of your thoughts. I figure at that price it can't hurt to get it. It may not be a foundation for winter- my skin gets really dry but in the summer may be perfect because we have plenty of humidity then.

Latest posts

Back