How do you keep your make up on during the day?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi!

Newbie! I asked for advice on the hair care thread and I got wonderful advice, so I thought I would ask a question about make up. How in the world do women keep their face and make up looking good and fresh all day?

I have tried many different foundations and powders (drug store products). I have also tried a primer I ordered from QVC. I think the brand was Laurie Geller? I do have the habit of touching/rubbing my face when I get stressed at work and I have a combo of oily/dry skin. Also. some women at work have ice in their blood and turn the heat up to boiling! I swear when I leave work I look anemic, my dark circles are glowing and I have mascara (I do use waterproof!) down to my toes!

Any secrets, suggestions, products, tips?

Thank You very much for your help!

Ronda

hmm. Try setting it with powder, or use a primer underneath? that's all i can think of, I always get dark circles. I just check in the mirror in the bathroom and use a damp tissue to get it off, haha! but if you do your makeup, then powder over it, it stays better :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

lots of women touch up their makeup a lot. when im going out in the evening, I take an eyeliner pencil and powder foundation with me to freshen up. Also oil absorbing blot sheets are good..

Other women take the whole caboodle, lipstick, mascara, blusher etc..but the main thing is i think just giving the makeup the once over at least once in the day.

i always forget and end up looking oily, with dark circles :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

use a primer (though i don't:eusa_whistle:), set with powder (and don't forget a compact for touch ups, because yes we oily/combo skin girls need touch ups !), use blotting papers. i also apply every morning some tea tree oil on my t zone, and it helps a lot. that's all ican think of.

A lot can depend on your foundation. They only one that will stay on me all day is EL Double Wear. I touch my face a lot during work so i still have to touch up with a pressed powder.

A primer can also help too but some mornings i just dont have the time.

The staying power of your make up depends on: (1) Your skin type (if you have super-duper-ultra-oily skin, it will be hard to keep it on for long); (2) a good foundation (That's why I love MMU :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />), and (3) a good primer (my favorites are smashbox photofinish and Tarte clean slate).

I used to have the same problem. Now I wear Revlon Colorstay foundation which lasts pretty much all day, and as a primer I wear Smashbox photofinish. A primer makes a big difference.

For the eyes, Urban Decay Primer Potion is the best, and your eye makeup won't budge all day!

i can truly say that i look as same in the eve as i did after putting my mu on in am.ant it's same on -20 degrees as well on 100!

and i wear everything.from liq.found. to bronzer,eye shadow,liner-pretty heavy liner,mascara,lipstick and gloss.as far as face nd eyes..it just stays on.and no i am not touching my face at all.i trained myself not to do it.as far as lips-my lisptick stays put untill i take it off because i also learn how to eat when wearing lipstick.

it's practice!!!!!!!
i have smashbox photofinish..but when i wear,my mu goes away very fast.it dosen't work for me.

Thank You for all of the great advice! I know this is going to be a make up 101 question but.....what exactly is MMU foundation?

Thanks Again!

Ronda

I use BE mineral veil over my foundation...and throughout the day I'll just dust my face wth MAC blot powder. love it!

I use a primer (Laura Mercier Oil Free Primer is good, as is Sephora) and e/s primer(Urban Decay e/s primer potion is the best!) Powder is good to use if your skin is oily.

i use a primer, but honestly most of the times i never touch up or anything (except for like gloss/lipstick). so if my blush or something fades, i dont normally think much about it.

Estee Lauder Double wear is the way to go with foundation. I can sleep in mine and it still stays on! A bottle normally last me about a year if I apply it with a brush and over Primer!

Thanks Everyone!

I went to CVS and bought Revlon ColorStay Active w/ SoftFelx foundation, powder,eyeshadow and lipstick. I thought I would try Revlon first and if I did not like it I would try the E. Lauder line or MMU. I am trying Revlon first because it is less expensive.

I also bought these items from drugstore.com:

Vita-K Solution Silky Smooth Facial Primer, Pre-Foundation Treatment - .5 oz $ 11.19

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion, Eyeshadow Base - .34 fl oz $ 15.00

The Vita-K received very good reviews and was not as expensive of some of the other brands so I thought I would try it.

Thanks Again for your help!:hugss:

Ronda

PS I will let you know how the Revlon products and the Vita-K solution works!

Ronda

If it were me I'd try something like Estee Lauder Double Wear or one of the drugstore long lasting foundations. I use Urban Decay Primer Potion on my eyes and my shadow stays put until I take it off. I also use the Smashbox Primer under foundation. You can set it with loose powder and try Fix+ by MAC. Its a spray that sets makeup and its good for your skin. HTH.

I'd also ask the people who find it cold to put on a jumper and tell them how unhealthy it it to have the heat that high, lol.

I just learned something new. I didn't even know primer existed until now. =/

I'll have to try it.

I agree!!!!

I too use these products and they last. I work 12 hour shifts and everyone always asks me how it stays on. Also I saw that you wrote that you touch your face a lot. It's a bad habit that I can be guilty of too but not only will you rub some mu off you are always transfering germs to your face wich will lead to breakouts

Latest posts

Back