Owww. burns

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ok girls. Im such an idiot, I picked up the wrong end of my hair straightener and I burnt myself. In so much pain! I'm going to go to bed with an icepack :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Does anyone have any tips on how to make it hurt less? it's a bad burn, it's blistering too. As in, happened a few ours ago, is still agonizing. I was thinking if anyone has any good tips I can use them next time I do something stupid and burn myself. LOL

take a special cream for burns and apply it regularly (make sure it covers the area you burnt, but don't make it too thick). i was thinking of flammazine, but i'm not sure you have that in your country.

ice is great, so you can take a washcloth and put some ice cubes inside, and put your hand in it.

but the first thing you should do when your burn yourself is just put your hand under cold water for some time before you apply the cream.

you can also cover your hand with a bandage so you can protect it and not put cream everywhere ^^°. it's blistering, so do that. if you have to go outside, definitely protect your burn, the sun makes it worse (it does that with me).

and don't worry, i burn myself almost every time i use the oven or iron some clothes.

thanks for the advice.. I slept with an icepack on lol! I didn't realise how hot the straightener was so I thought it was a light burn and wasn't going to bother with water, but then it started reaally hurting. Ptch, that will teach me to actually PRACTISE all that first aid I learnt as a kid, LOL

lol :med:

i so understand your pain, i just burnt myself with the blowdryer. i never thought the concentrator nozzle would be that hot. now i have a red mark on my forehead :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and it huuuurts ! :scared:

i'm so clumsy sometimes :banghead::stupid::stupid2:

I dropped a curling iron on my leg once, the burn was in the shape of a curling iron, lol. It faded and went completely away over time. I had a friend that burned her forehead with a curling iron, in the shape of a curling iron. I burn myself a lot cooking, I just keep it moisturized and it goes away after a few weeks, the pain doesnt last that long, I rinse the burn in cold water right when I get it.

I would also put some kind of oiintment specificaly for burns.

I once was ironing my pants on the floor (on a towel) I walked away for a sec to get something....and as I was walking back to ironing I walked right into it. It burned the s**t out of my leg. It was summer and who ever saw me in shorts asked if ironed my pants while I was wearing them. lol

i have some kind of burning habit since the first time i ironed my clothes. i ironed my finger :tocktock:

take potato cut it open and pu tit on the burn it takes the burn out.. what i was told to do with a bad burn! never tried it thou but havent been burned to try it! good luck

Ouch :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> im sooooo sorry, the same thing happend to me except it was a clothes iron, my hand got so bad I had to go to the hospital and they gave me this cream that you can only get with a prescription, damn thing didn't work though!!!

OUCH!!! I hope that you feel better is the burn bad enough to go to the ER?

Please let us know how you are feeling tomorrow:)

when i was in high school about 4 5 years ago.. lol i had hard wood floors i would do my make up and stuff on the floor with my big mirror on the floor well i set my curling iron on the floor and my knee hit it.. i was sitting on my knees! I had a HUGE Blister .. it swelled up and all. couple week's later i was sitting in my desk and i lifted my knee and it busted the blister. left a scar it is gone now.. i think:10:

lol i'm all better now.. it's gone brown though! the blister is all gone but the skin is hard there, haha! UGLY! at least it doesn't hurt, it was sensitive for days!

keep putting cream and avoid direct sunrays on it, but i think it's just a layer of dead skin protecting the new one under.

oh poor u hun, i burn myself all the time, this week i picked up a hot stainless steel bowl ugh

Aloe vera is nature's best treatment for burns, and perhaps some oatmeal lotion or calamine lotion if you can find it. You'll be alright, it will just be highly uncomfortable for a little while until the blister goes away.

Back