Product recommendations for fine hair/volume

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have curly, fine hair and when I straighten it, it can look flat and very thin. Well, I have discovered two products that rock!

B0009I4M02.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg
613_L.jpg

Bedhead's Small Talk is a thickener. Kiehl;s Super Thick Volumizer is well a volumizer. LOL Here is how I use them:

After I get out of the shower, I pat my hair dry and section it into two sections - top and bottom. On the bottom, I apply a bit of the Small Talk and dry my hair straight. Then, I spritz the Kiehl's product on my roots and contrinue drying. OMG.. my hair has so much body and its feels/looks like I have a ton of hair. So far no product build up at all and Small Talk smells sooooo good. I started using it because my hair dresser used the Bedhead product and I liked the effect. I also have read some good reviews on the Kiehl's product so I decided to try it.

That is all!:rockwoot:

sounds good. i have fine thinning hair so i need a product that can make my hair look thicker. im wondering where can i buy this.

You can buy Bed Head products anywhere like drugstores or beauty supply stores. The Kiehl's one is more difficult to find. They sell it at my Nordies.

Thank You for the great tips. I have seen the Bed Head products at the drug stores, but not the Kiehl's. I just did a QUICK search and you can get it at Kiehl's wesite for $18.50. Does anyone else sell it on the web?

Thanks Ronda

i'll check if i can order them somewhere ^^ thanks for sharing, i need volume ! lol.

ooooo i gotta check this out, i have the same type of hair, only mine gets oily really easily so i try to look for stuff with absolutly no buildup.

crud i cant think of the name

marc anthony maybe?

but it is a mouse it comes in a coldish coppery bottle and it is amazing

it makes your hair really nice and big but with out it looking gross at all

Small Talk is one of my HG, I don't know why I stopped buying it. Now I'm just using a root lifter but you just reminded me of ST.

What about buying Bed Head products at places like CVS? Can we trust that they are the "real deal"????

Thanks for a tip! Just wondering...why do you use one product on the top and another on the bottom?

I think that CVS is a reputable company. i don't have one near me but I would think that it is.

The reason is that I wanted to have thick hair with volume. However, I don't want to overload my hair ith products so I use the thickener at the bottom and the volumizer at the top. Using the volumizer at the top (i spray it on the roots) it gives the illusion of full thick hair.

Lol Okay, thanks for the explaining. I feel so silly now. I guess I read it too quickly and assumed they were both volumizers.

I love Sebastian Body Double, they have shampoo and conditioner, and a leave in thickening spray. My hair isn't thin, but let me tell you I feel like I am wearing a wig with this stuff! It makes my hair so huge and full you can notice it as soon as you rinse the shampoo out! It is unbelievable!!

Back