*Please* help meh!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, as some of you know, I've been away from MuT for quite a while now. 2006 was a killer year, so much crap happened it depresses me just to think of it. Among many, many other things, I've moved from Toronto to my hometown in Newfoundland. My husband is joining me here in 10 days, and that's where my crisis comes in!

There are no MAC stores in Newfoundland. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And I have yearned for some MAC e/s for ages and ages now. So it's now or never for me. Unfortunately, my hubby has to do the shopping for me (accompanied by one of my gfs) and it's really hard to choose colors from the MAC website.

My eyes are brown, and green makes them look AWESOME. What I would like is a few e/s and maybe some pigment(I like teal) and fluidline that would work together in a really nice look.

I went to the tutorial forum and searched green and found a tutorial I really like, posted by PinkRibbons, but I have no idea if it would look nice on me PLUS, I can't find Guacamole or Lucky Green on the MAC website. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Can anyone help me out here? This is my last chance to get some MAC e/s :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I know it might sounds silly, but after the crap year I've had I really need this >.<

So if anyone has some suggestions, I'd really appreciate it. <3

Also, I have to keep this under about 150$ CAD, but that's not *that* important since hubby and me have an anniversary coming up on the 20th :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Guacamole & Lucky Green were both LE colors. As for greens, I think Humid and Greensmoke would look good. Swimming, Surreal and Fiction (if they have Fiction since it was DC'd). Shade is a green fluidline that I hear is awesome (I don't own it yet). Blacktrack is the most widely loved color from what I can tell. As for pigments, Teal is a gorgeous color. Definitely a must-have IMHO. Golden Olive is pretty too.

I think purples would look good too. If you wanted to go with purples, I think Parfait Amour would be awesome. Also Trax and/or Twinks. I like Beautiful Iris too. Creme de Violet is gorgeous, and Violet pigment is too.

No clue if I helped, but I hope I did! Oh, and Sunbasque would probably be a pretty blush on you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I know how you feel, the only Mac nearby is Halifax....and Im not driving 3.5 hours for eyeshadow.

Woo! Thanks for the help Aquila! <3

Purple is also a fave of mine, it does look pretty on me as well :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

*Runs off to check out the colors you suggested*

Okay, those colors are all so beautiful! =O

BUT!

Now I can't chose between purples or greens. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> lol

Which do you think would look best?

Purples seems like it would be more versatile for sure. Hmm . . .:kopfkratz:

You could also get Springtime Skeeter (or something like that), which is the green color from the Barbie collection! It's beautiful...

I'm prone to say green because for the daily use they're more versatile, but it's my personal opinion

i'd vote for Swimming e/s and Violet piggie, those two are gorgeous colors, great for brown eyes ^^. i love the other colors suggested but i don't have them so i can't tell which one to choose.

Go for both! Light purple and dark purple and light green and dark green! I love golden olive and NIGHT LIGHT piggie - wowee does it make my brown eyes pop!

Purple, Im not so familiar with yet, I have an olive skintone so maybe green looks better on me because of that.

Purples and greens both seem to be big for Spring colors. I'd say go for the purples though.

Hard choice between purples & green as they are my fave colours to wear (have brown eyes also)

been some great suggestions so far esp from Aquilah.

I say get a couple of purples and a couple of greens, as far as the purples go my votes go to Beautiful iris, Parfait Amour & Trax e/s and Violet pigment and with the green Humid e/s is a must IMO and other fave green of mine are Greensmoke, Shimmermoss and Juxt. As far as green pigments go Teal and Golden olive are gorgeous and if its a PRO store your husband is going to Kelly green pigment is amazing!

As for fluidline Graphic brown is my overall fave though that was LE so you prob wouldnt find it :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> blacktrack is a fave of everyones and shade (green colour) is gorgeous if you want something different from the usual brown or black :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I wish I could afford to get both!

Here's what I chose from the site, using your awesome suggestions!

Each would cost me:

PURPLES:

Bare Canvas Paint

Iris Eyes Fluidline

Blacktrack Fluidline

Violet Pigment

Trax Eye Shadow

Parfait L'amour Eye Shadow

Beautiful Iris Eye Shadow

Creme de Violet Eye Shadow

Total Cost for Purples: $144.00 Canadian

GREENS

Bare Canvas Paint

Shade Fluidline

Blacktrack Fluidline

Golden Olive Pigment

Teal Pigment

Greensmoke Eye Shadow

Swimming Eye Shadow

Surreal Eye Shadow

Total Cost for Greens: 151.00 Canadian

I can only afford one set and I'm having the hardest time choosing :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Look at the tutorial, foto of the day, and gallery selection. Search for the eyeshadow names and see how it looks. You can get a mixture of green and purple. Just mkae sure the eyeshadows are different shades.

Okay, so I went with Greens even though purple was really tempting! I already have lots of purples that I can live for now, but I have no good greens :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So here's what's in my shopping bag!

macve1.jpg

Thanks soooo much for the help <3

Oh! You definitely made some awesome choices! I really hope you enjoy everything! Be sure to let us know!

I haven't seen my husband in 8 weeks (and before that 3 week visit 8 weeks ago, it had ben 2 months) and I think I'm more excited to get the makeup when he gets here on Saturday :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Is that sad? :laughing:

Okay, thanks to some super advice from Aquilah given to me on MSN, I have once again changed my picks! Here is my new list:

mac3si0.jpg

Now unless my husband messes up some how, or the the store doesn't have these things availible, I'll be posting these things in the Haulin' A$$ forum on Saturday :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />! Woooo!!! *Happy Dance*

Latest posts

Back