Soapy wash or not?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Do you all prefer fash washes that are all foamy/soapy that leave your skin feeling tight and dry?Or do you prefer the ones that are creamyish and leave your skin feeling smooth and moist?I prefer the soapy washes..but heard that they can be drying to your skin. And te creamy ones are better for your skin.

I always thought that the creamy one would make me break out..but i'm willing to give it a try and see if there would be any changes in my skin. I'm hoping i don't break out.

I like the soapy stuff because my face feels cleaner, but I've found the creamy stuff is really better for my skin.

I like both, but I use more of a milky than a creamy. I also use a gel cleanser that doesn't leave my face feeling at all dry or stripped. I figure, if I can use it and my face doesn't feel like it sucked everything out, then it's okay. I'm dry enough as it is.

i prefer oil-based cleansers although detergent-based ones make my skin feel cleaner....but i only use them occasionally or my skin gets very dry:(

I prefer simple safflower oil and natural soap. So I have the best of both worlds :icon_chee

It's soapy foamy creamy and makes my face squeaky clean without drying it out.

I like both. Although foaming cleansers feel nice, they tend to be a tad drying, so I prefer cleansing milks.

You can get safflower oil in the grocery store. I get my oil in the organic department. You can use any natural soap. It depends on whether your skin is dry or oily. I heard the soaps at Chagrin Valley All Natural Handmade Soap are really good. Currently I'm using a soap from a german soapmaker, it's Olivias Soaps, and the one I'm using helps to make my pores look smaller, cleaner, and it's not drying it all.

Definitely not. I used to have oily skin, too, and after using the Oil/Soap Cleaning continuously 3 months, my skin turned to normal. I didn't have to use mattifying products anymore.

Usually your skin is oily because you don't have enough oil on the surface, that's why your skin keeps producing oil. If you put oil on your skin, there is enough oil so that your skin doesn't need to produce oil. And, oil dissolves oil, so the oil on your face is being removed very gently. If you use a hot washcloth afterwards, your skin feels really moist and soft. I posted an article about the oil cleansing method here on the board today: https://forum.makeuptalk.com/f12...tml#post884229. Hope that helps you decide.

Back