How often do you straighten???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good day! :laughing:

Just wondering how many times you gals here straighten your hair say in a week? Wish I could do it everyday since I wash my hair daily, but scared that it'll cause too much damage :nixweiss: , I'm using the ghd.

And also what products do you guys use before straightening?

i only straighten if i'm going out. for school i just let airdry. so i probably only straighten a couple times a week

i used to do it every day but my straightener isn't working so well so if i want it straight then i just do it when i go out. but i've been wearing it wavy a lot. i usually just put in a thickening cream. i like the ones from i THINK it's got2b, i'm not sure if that's the brand. the new style-tini's...then when it's straight i put on some frederic fekkai gloss cream that i got from victoria's secret and hairspray. nothing really special lol.

once in a blue moon-- lol

I think the last time was my high school graduation-- that's with ionic straigthening thongs-thingy

3 years ago I had rebonded my hair (it sort of makes your hair super straight) its made my hair really dry-- very wasteful to conditioner. Never will I have that hair treatment again!

I have a classmate who straigthens her once-curly hair everyday X_X it looks nice in a distance-- but up close it looks so brittle and hard :/

I do it every day, but my hair is still in pretty good shape. I blow dry and then flat iron using Sebastian laminates smoothing thermal styler

I straightened every single day for a long time, but I've been kinda sick for the past month so it's been about 3 weeks since any heat touched my hair, I'm so proud of myself! I want to straighten it today though, for work. We'll see if I end up doing it.

I used to straighten mine a couple times a week...did so fow a couple of years. Now i only do it if i have to go out. Most of the times for school i leave my hair wavy. But i really love the straight look...so i think i'm going to do the japanese straightening thingy later on this year..hopefully if i save up enough money. And thie hairdresser i know...she has been straightening her hair with a flat iron for about 10 years(thats how long i knew her) and her hair is sooooo healthy. I'm not kidding. It really is shiny and healthy. She says you just have to know how to take care of your hair. While straightening u need to use good products. She doesn't ever use normal products. So i guess all thos professional hair products seems a bit costly...but its worth every penny.

I straighten mine everyday. My hair is damaged because of it, but using a ceramic flat iron (I love my Sedu) helps damage it less.

I'm bad, I straighten my hair everyday, and have been for years now.....I also blow-dry almost daily.....My hair still looks good, but it's definetly drier then if I didn't use so much heat.

I don't ever have to straighten my hair, it is already stick straight. Don't be jealous though, it is pretty lifeless and will not hold a curl!

I straighten my hair most days, probably about 4 or 5 days out of the week. If I'm staying home all day, I'll give it a break and skip the day. My hair is in good condition, even with using the straightener so much. It hasn't hurt it.

Every day. I use GHD shampoo n conditionair and straighteners, I use trevor sorbe straightening addict heat protection spray and avon dry ends syrum so i dotn getdamagedhair If yu straighted your hair alot you ned some sort of heat prtection spray.:moa:

I used to do it everyday but tried to cut down as my hair was damaged so now i do it about 3-4 times a week with GHD's :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I love how my hair looks straight. My stylist showed me how to straighten it, but still have it end up with body, and some flip and texture at the ends. It is amazing now. I only plan to let myself do this about once a week though. I really don't want to damage my hair!!

Latest posts

Back