Recs for MAC eyeshadows?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am just beginning to get my makeup collection built up. I am thinking of adding some MAC eyeshadows next. What are your recs...your favorite 3 or 4 colors, formulations, etc. I don't like a pure matte shadow, but not glittery or too sparkly either. I know everyone (or most) loves MAC here, so I thought I should get your faves before buying.

I have greenish/blue eyes with some hazel. I usually wear neutral colors like, brown, taupe, beige, but do also wear pinks, purples, grays.

Thanks for your input!

Christy

my fave neutrals (ish) are

amberlights (makes my brown eyes pop),

beautymarked (good for outer V, and for darkening pink/purple e/s).

Also creme de violet is really nice - it looked a bit garish in the pot, but goes on really nicely, nice bright yet muted colour).

And shroom, good browbone colour

Really like espresso too, good for everyday wear if you like your browns...

oops, sorry not sure about the formulations of these e/s!

Seeing what you like, I will tell you my top 3 fav right now...because they fit in those catagories!

Retrospeck - my HG, will always be my favorite

Pink Source - Totally cute pink

Trax - great purple shade with golden flecks

I also love Tilt - it's a blue shade though :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I will see about posting some personal swatches/pics for you tonight if I don't forget!

Difficult for me to choose three.

Neutral-warm (all of these blend well together)

Retrospeck

Honey Lust

Bronze

Woodwinked

Purples (and all of these blend well together)

Star Violet

Trax

Nocturnelle

All of the above are shimmery.

I find that purplish colors like Star Violet, Trax, and Nocturnelle make my green eyes pop.

hard to pick a few colours but i love love love the veluxe pearl finishes

Hhhmm...

Okay, I LOVE:

Print (pretty grey with flecks of shimmer)

Steamy

Expensive Pink

Mulch

Sumptuous Olive

Swimming

Romp

Thanks to all of your input, I placed an order for about 8 eyeshadows from MAC today! Let's see if I can remember the colors - Shroom, Retrospect, Trax, Woodwinked, Vex, and a pink one and olive one that I can't remember the names of.

I'll let you all know how I like them when they get here!

And, thanks again!

Christy

If anyone else reads this and hasn't made any recs yet, go ahead and tell your faves, because I will probably be ordering more.

amberlights (i have a drugstore lookalike), swimming (my fave green).

it's not an e/s per se, but violet pigment is such a great color.

I've got brown eyes too and love amber lights, expresso and shroom. (Also, like brule) What do you wear amber lights with?

Nan

Back