White Nail polish

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was reading my People style watch magazine couple of weeks ago and it said that white nail polish is in. Couple of months ago I saw an article in Jane magazine about the same thing. apparently (according to these magazines) dark nail polish is out for spring and white nail polish is in. Yesterday I went out and bought Essie's East Hampton Cottage. Its white but it has a bit of a pearly-ness to it. SO, what do you guys think?? Yay or Nay? Did anyone try white nail polish?

btw, i havent used the Essie n/p yet, I will tonight when I get back from work. I will post up pictures as soon as i do!

here is what the article in People magazine . I couldnt find anything on it from their website. I had to type up the article since my printer/scanner isn't working.

Wear White: Stash your dark polish. The shade for spring is sheer, milky white

here are some products that they recommended...

Zoya Nail Lacquer in Purity, %5.50; Zoya.com

Nars nail polish in Edelweiss, $15; narscosmetics.com

Bourjois So Laque! Nail Polish in Ivoire Sexy, $9; sephora.com

Victoria's Secret Very Sexy Nail Lacquer in Skinny Dip, $9, victoriassecret.com

L'oreal Paris Pro Manicure in Pearly Whites, $4.99, at drugstores

I tend to stay away from trends when it comes to nail polish and just wear pinks & corals. White might look good on tanned or darker skin, but it would probably make me look like a corpse.

I have only used white on the tips for a french manicure, but not on the whole nail, it sounds interesting though!

I've seen it on girls with tanned skin... it looks really good... but at the same time kind of reminds me of white-out. I always just get french tips so I'm not really one for following nail trends though.

CIMG2008.jpg

I think it looks ok.'m not sure if this is something i'll do alot. i think it takes some getting use to. i dont know; what do you guys think??

I would try it, but only when my nails are short. Not if I had acrylics on. That would be too much I feel.

I do it sometimes, but only if my nail shapes are perfect. The white really stands out, more than other shades. At least on me. I've got a glisteny white on now, actually. Sinful Colors White Diamonds, from Walgreens I think. It looks better if put on thick.

interesting, i agree with the whitout comment but maybe if its a pearly whit it may be better

CIMG2012.jpg

Here's a picture during the day w/o flash. My hands look really dry, sorry. Obviously, I cant paint my nails very well. hehe it's also kind of streaky.

I tend to stay away from trends and just go by what looks good on me instead. I like white nail polish as long as it's sheer. Otherwise it looks more like "white-out" as somebody else said, instead of nail lacquer.

I have a really nice L'Oreal one with a shimmer, looks pretty good. Though I know what you mean about the white out look. If it's the right colour it can look great.

like 2 or 3 months ago i saw this lady who was getting a pedicure and she got white on her toes....so not cute, i was thinking "what the f&*k!" she was really tan/brown and the nail polish was white, white! so i dont know about this one

I like the pearlirised white's, sheer ones, like mother of pearl. I am not a fan of matte white. It can look nice on some people, I don't think I would be one of them!

itzmarylicious - Try another coat, it will look better :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Um well I personally wouldn't pick a truly white polish but OPI has a new spring line out called Garden Party and the colors are so pretty. I personally wanna purchase No Bees Please because it's kinda beig-y....

Anywho, I saw a pic of Kimora Lee Simmons in my mag the other day and her nails looked fab:

1.jpg

Latest posts

Back