Mineral smokey eye tutorial

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The tools and colors: BE soft focus liner brush (thin slanted tip,) inexpensive Shadow smudger brush, Sonia Kashuk 05, Palladio flat shadow brush, Maybelline shadow brush. BE- retro lounge liner (brown black,) bark liner (brown,) Queen Tiffany glimmer, Nude Beach Glimmer. Monave semi-matte white, Monave white liner pencil. Milan Mineral's gelle drops.

Apply Nude Beach glimmer with Maybelline brush dry across entire lower lid below crease. Process with minerals is to dip into a little of the powder, swirl into brush, tap off excess and then apply. I use short strokes starting at the place I want the most product... so with Nude Beach I start about 1/3 in from the inner corner of my eye, sweep towards nose and then do rest of lid.

Wet line with Retro Lounge using Milan Gelle drops. I apply the gelle drops to the back of my hand- fleshy area between thumb and fingers. I dip the soft focus liner brush into the gelle and then swirl into the dusting of minerals in the lid until I get a liquid liner consistency. I start applying at middle of eye working to outside and pulling up in a slight "cateye." With this brush, I start by touching the slanted tip to the lashline, picking up and "connecting the dots" along the entire lash. Then I will stroke the line again, as if drawing a line with the thin edge of the brush from middle to outside. I then use the connect the dots on the inner part of my lash line, trying to keep this line thinner than outer part of line. Clean up any goofs with dampened Q-tip, reapply Nude beach in any areas if needed.

Queen Tiffany in outer contour and working in to the middle of eye or as much as outer 2/3 of eye with this darker color using smudger brush. Concentrating color at outer corner and lashline- placing loaded brush along lashline at outer corner and working in so it blends to lighter color as I get closer to inner corner.

Brow highlight with Monave semi-matte white. I use a very stiff flat shadow brush for this and it gives the best browlift. I apply this white color right under my brow, concentrating the color at the arch.

Dry line with Sonia Kashuk brush and Bark liner. I go over the retro lounge on the upper lashline making it thicker and smokey towards the outer eye. I use the "connect the dot" method to apply a smokey line to the lower lashes, concentrating the color to the outside- starting with "loaded" brush at outer and moving in towards inner eye.

Monave white liner pencil on lower inner eye lash line. Mascara.

The Milan gelle drops are key to this because they stay put once dry and the dry lining with bark doesn't remove the intense line already applied.

Oooh I should try this!

Nude beach glimmer is just lovely, I should use it more often!

thanks for the tut!

It's one of my all time favorites and I have hundreds of mineral e/s! It looks awesome foiled too. I like it for a nice innocent look-- just nude beach on the lid and mascara. I love how it makes the retro liner change into a shimmery black gray color.

Latest posts

Back