Teen Makeup -What age did you start?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I will relate this story. The first time I used makeup I sneaked it to school. I was 12-13 yrs old, I just got the cheap makeup. I guess I was seeing other girls wear more makeup than me, like dramatic black eyeliner. I used wet-n-wild lipstick, mascara, with like covergirl eyeshadow. I started putting eyeshadow only on first, pinks. Then upgraded to lipstick then mascara. I really did not get into makeup heavily until like after college then I bought better makeup. Just wanted to share...what age did you start and what brands u used?

17, a little Maybelline concealer to cover imperfections. I haven't really gotten into make-up until recently, I like the way mineral make-up looks on me so far.

about 7th grade. i remember wearing powder and lipgloss in middle school. i didn't start the whole 9 until high school but, even then.. i didn't wear as much as i do now lol.. i didn't start doing a good job at mu, imo, until about 17-18.

I first started wearing makeup when I was around 14. It was pretty much concealer, tinted moisturizer, powder, some mascara and lipgloss. And nail polish occasionnally, if that counts. When I was 15/16 I wore black liquid eyeliner.

I wore eyeliner in grade 7 and a bit of blush and lipgloss

but then by 8th grade i started wearing eyeliner, mascara, blush, eyeshadow

and 9th grade all of that PLUS some foundation

and now i just wear a little bit of foundation, eyeshadow, blush, bronzer, eyeliner, mascara, lipgloss.

I had Bonne Bell lip glosses in elementary school, but I didn't start wearing any other makeup until just when I was beginning ninth grade. I got an Elizabeth Arden concealer (with some bonus stuff), but everything else was drugstore-New York Color, CoverGirl, Max Factor, & Neutrogena.

There was a trend for day-glo nail polish at my school when I was 11. (Oh dear, did I just age myself!) I first started wearing makeup properly though when I was about 13 or 14.

Back then it was the brands I could get at the discount chemists in my small town, so Rimmel, Constance Carroll, Coty, stuff like that.

I am Kookie and I am an addict LOL!!!! I started at about 11 slipping into my mother's face powder. At 12, I discovered mascara-it was in a little red Maybelline Box, was cake and had a brush with it. I sneaked this to school and as I earned Baby sitting money, I went to the local five and dime and bought some Noxzema and Cover Girl liquid. Then came the British invasion in music and I was determined to have the British look. My mother still unaware, and I was sneaking Bonne Bell lip glosses, heavy liner and often white lipstick. Wish I could find a pic. I have always loved make-up and just having it around. My mother finially caught on when she found my stash under my bed in a shoebox. I came home from school and she was sitting by the window with my shoebox of makeup in her lap. I was busted!!!!!! Some day I will tell ya'll my "Busted With Birth Control Pills Story"> i could never do anything without getting caughtLOLLOL

When I was 12 or 13 I bought my first Wet & Wild lipstick. I wasn't allowed to wear makeup then so I only wore it at school and wiped it off before my mom picked me up.

I'm another one that started at 12. The first thing I used daily was concealer haha weird though most girls at that age in my school didn't even know what a concealer was. Anyway gotta say my makeup skills sucked and I thank God that I don't have pictures of me with that makeup hahaha

My mom let me use it and she even bought me an expensive Lancome concealer and foundation when I was 14.

When I was about 13, I started wearing CoverGirl pressed powder and chapstick. I started wearing CoverGirl concealer and foundation in 9th grade. I didn't really wear any other makeup until I left for University.

i had bonne bell lipsmackers when i was 11, and at 14 started secretly buying maybelline makeup when my aunt would take me shopping...i had to hide it from my parents who didnt want me to wear it.....my aunt was an avon sales rep and for Christmas when i was 14 she gave me a ton of her samples, the look on my mother's face was 'im am so pissed off!'

My mom started buying me stuff when I was around 12, I never used it because then I didn't like makeup nor did I know how to apply it(For the longest, I was using a purple/greyish lipstick thingy for my eyes lmao) But I really got into it about 8th grade, still then I was wearing black e/s all the way up to my eyebrows(horror!)

I started sneaking makeup to school when I was nine. I would put it on at school and wash it off before I came home. I have been addicted to the stuff my whole entire life! I used whatever I could sneak away from my mother! She had the neatest makeup set that was in off-white plastic packaging - it was all grouped together and I loooooooved that stuff. I wish I could still find it.

I started wearing makeup when I was about 12, it was CG powder, Bonne Bell Lipsmackers, and my mom's Clinique GWP makeup.

I would sneak on eyeshadow and lipgloss in 6th grade, and in 7th grade I started wearing more

Kookie for Coco-We need to say the "birth control story" in another forum, cause I got one for you, that would crack you up...oops back to the first time I wore makeup..haha...I sneaked it in school, so my face was all pretty and then I took it off before I got home lol....

12 years old - bonne bell lip gloss', covergirl pressed powder, & black mascara.

14 years old - same as above but added covergirl light blue or white eyeshadow. just one color at a time. i don't remember if i used black pencil eyeliner or what.

i started really getting into mu at about age 20. =]]

Back