Meow new foundation shade is up

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm excited about receiving Meows new Chartreux foundation shade. This should finally be a match in one formula for those w/ yellow/peach skintones.

Oh, thanks for posting this. I was just "talking" with Lilita about this new shade today!!! Maybe now I will finally order some samples from Meow!

Thanks for posting. I took a look at it and it looks more peach than peach/yellow to me. Have you heard any feedback? I know some people already have samples of this.

I ordered samples today!

I know a skin-twin who has already received her samples and she said it's (unfortunately) a bit too "orange".:frown: Oh well, I'll wait and see...

OOh. I'm going to have to try this one. I haven't found a match with Meow yet. The yellow shades are too dull, they make my skin look like its sagging, and persian is a bit too arange. But just maybe....this might do it. Even though I'm pretty sure Lauress is my new HG.

Lilita, what shades did you order? Which brand do you think is your HG-Monave, Lumiere, Lauress, Meow? (or any others?)

ruby2 - my recent Meow order is all CHARTREUX colors. I got frisky/Light and naughty/medium samples in "Purrfect Puss" (sheerest) & "Flawless Feline" (most coverage) formulas.

I wish I had only ONE HG brand - that would make life simpler and less expensive! And in summer, none of the shades that I am wearing now are going to work and I'll have to mix or order more colors... and maybe I'll go with one brand over the others depending on which one gives me my best summer color.

Right now, I would say that in terms of color (with NO mixing required), Monave and Lauress Elemental are great. I think Lauress is winning because it feels better than Monave for me.

In terms of texture/feel, Meow is still the lightest-feeling. I like to wear this during the day. I have my own custom color mix and it's also the most "matte". I can wear this all day with no shiny/oily/sticky feeling.

In terms of best coverage (ie, when I am going out and want to look like I have perfect skin), Lumiere VV or Monave. Lumiere VV I think is more flattering for me (softens pores), but I like Monave's "Hyeyeon" color better that Lumiere's "LM Golden" because it's brighter, not so beigey... Looking fwd to Kim's "yellow" shades...

So I guess I have about 3 or 4 HGs... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Lilita, thank you so much for sharing your Meow colors and your reviews of all the brands. It really helps alot. I agree w/you on the Hyeyeon color being just about perfect. I think the L-M gold in Lumiere FF is a better match than the VV as it too looks brighter to me. I am hoping to get my Elemental samples this week too. I think I will now give Meow a try. Would you suggest sampling the Angora and Persian colors, or just skip straight to Chartreaux? Also, how does the coverage of the F Feline compare to Lumiere VV/FF and Monave CF? IE: which has the most coverage in your opinion?

Hi ruby2,

This is good to know, but I don't have a sample in Lumiere FF :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am not sure what proportion of yellow and peach is in Chartreux. So I think if you ordered Angora and Persian colors too, then you can mix and tweak the proportions to suit you, in case Chartreux doesn't work out.

In terms of coverage, Flawless Feline applied wet is pretty good, and still light-feeling. Out of all these brands, I would say Monave gives the best coverage. HTH!

Ok, got it! Thanks so much for your wonderful replies! Going to Meow now...............

Have you tried the Meow Angora? You prefer Lauress now over all others? If so that is a testimonial cause I've been reading your posts for awhile and you've pretty much been faithful to OM

:laughing: Hi Aloha! Girl you've got a good eye! I just read in a post today where somebody just received samples of this and said that it was too peachy. I think it was poster Ruby2. Anyway I knew that somebody had said a while back that it looked too peachy to them. So I see that it was you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Good eye. BTW, how are you doing :vogel:

I can't do Oceanmist anymore because of the Talc in it. But they do have gold shades up.

Icecookie, I did get my Meow samples the other day and I'm still trying to come up w/that perfect color! But yes, on me the Chartreux (F and N) are too peachy.

I'm screaming out loud Ruby2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What do I do now? I'm the same color as Lilita ( based on her pics and lumiere foundation colors) I can't buy 2-3 foundations to make 1 match and I'm running bout out on my samples left. I was just knowing that this Chartrueux was going to do it for me and then read Aloha's comment that it looked too peach and I went back again and looked was like I'll wait and hope- see what goes from somebody who actually gets it. She was right. Now what? Any recs ladies?

Coromo, can you buy the original formula in the N. Angora and F Persian to mix? I think they are only $16.95 a jar vs. $26.95 for the Flawless Feline Formula? We have put in a request for a new color (Lynx) over on Meow's forum, but it will likely be a long while before it gets addressed since they are in the midst of moving to a larger building, etc. The other option is I read that they are hoping to do custom mixing, but again don't know the time frame of that. I don't know any other options at this point, other than coughing up the $. HTH.

I'm looking through the threads trying to find out exactly what color Lilita or you wears and looks like most of Lilita's from her wonderful chart are mixes. What color do you wear Coromo exactly in MAC or BE or some other makeup? Maybe I can give you some of my foundation that I made cause I've got more than I'll ever use in years. You're welcome to some if one of the 2 colors will fit you.

I know this post is old, but just wanted to say Meow Naughty Chartreux in Pampered Puss is the closest to my color I have every found. I tend to buy yellow but it looks to yellow on my and i'm not olive or pink. I thank Meow!!

Latest posts

Back