I can walk better in higher heels

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Wasn't sure if this is the right place to ask, but is there a reason why I find it harder to balance and maneuver in low heels than in I do in high heels? I'm not really talking about platforms, just pumps. Lower heels just seem to throw my balance off really strangely.

that's funny because my cousin, i swear, could run a marathon in stilettos. she says she can't walk in sneakers.

So I'm really not alone in this, that's cool. Yeah, I can run around in heels too. I'd still like to know why, though.

If I wear heels I walk much better. If I wear flats I can't walk good and my calf muscles hurt with flat shoes.

Maybe it has something to do with how your feet are shaped or arched?

Are you flat footed (no natural arch at the bottom of the feet) or do you have a deep arch or something unique?

I can function in both but I have a friend who has one flat foot and she falls around alot. I have yet to see her in heels though. But I would also think girls with arched feet would do better in heels.

Heck it could even be the ankles or the legs.

yup so true..i used to be a big high heels fanatics..and when i started wearing low heels i feel like imma twist my ankle or something.hahah then i was into pointy shoes..so the pointier the front is, the BETTER..then i tried out the squared front or rounded toe? i swear i thought i was goin to fall flat on my face. I guess u got used to your posture with high heels shoes on. it make sense!

one flat foot?? I'm going to be studying my feet all day now. :vogel:

I thought I was alone! All my coworkers always ask, "How can you wear them all day?" I think it's soooo much easier to walk in heels.

I always walk better with some kind of heel too, if I wear flats I feel I walk like a duck and feel unconfortable, lol

I think I walk pretty much the same whether I'm in heels or sneakers...

BUT

I got some kitten heels last summer and I'd twist my ankle like every 2 seconds.

I guess they're not for me... plus I'm short so I guess the higher the better.

You know, I have a problem wearing heels at work. I think it's the carpet! But yeah, I feel like an eight grader just learning to wear heels when I step foot in the office. But I'm ok everywhere else.

That also happened to me and I heard that its because you're so used to wearing heels that your feet start hurting in flats or lower heels after a while....which apparantly isn't a good thing:10:

Latest posts

Back