MMU and mascara

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone else have the same probelm as I do? When usin my MMU my mascara (Nivea Beauté Lash Revolution) won't stay on my lashes :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> aafter couple of hours my mascara is getting under my eyes and I look like a racoon :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Any tips how I can get my mascara to stay on? I like my mascara becouse of the flexible brush and would not want to change it, but I'm getting the feeling I have no choice...

I guess you could try putting your mascara on first before anything else. Hopefully it won't come off as fast!

Nope, never had any issues. I think it’s the mascara you’re using.

I’ve used Blinc, Max factor, and Lancome. I apply them as my last step and have never had any issues with raccoon eyes or lack of staying power.

Thank you for the answers. With my other makeups I don't have that problem. And it stays alot less if I put it before anything else :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Maybe I try it with other samples (that I haven't received yet) and then think of new mascara.

no never a problem but I usually do my eyes first but honestly doubt my mascara is totally dry when I put on my minerals

I've been wearing MMU for a couple of years now and have never had a problem with my mascara disappearing or running. Have you tried different mascaras?

No I haven't tried any other becouse I can't find another with as great brush that mine has. Could my mascara be old? I bought it few weeks ago but the texture isn't quite thesame as before... Maybe I should buy a new one...?

If you bought your mascara only a few weeks ago, I don't think it would be too old. Did you used to use this mascara with non-MMU but not have the problem?

I'd try experimenting with different mascara to see what happens. Very strange.

I just reread your first post where you talk about the flexibility of your mascara wand. The new Maybelline mascara - sorry, I can't think of the name - has an extremely flexible wand. You can't miss it when you go to look for it. It's a neon green color.

I just tried it out this past weekend and was very happy with it. Make sure you read the instructions, though. The packaging tells you not to let the mascara dry between coats.

Good luck!

If you want to keep on using your current mascara, I suggest either the following:

- Buy a mascara primer

- Apply your mascara before your MMU and a second coat after you finished your MMU

- Don't get any MMU on your lashes, by using a fine brush

I had the opposite happen with me. My mascara migrated when I didn't use MMU. Are you using an eye cream or something because that may make the mascara smear from the oils. You may want to try using something like an eye shadow base/primer to reduce the oils.

Haven't use any primer (eyes/lashes) but I've been thinking if I should. And it doesn't happend if I use non-MMU (as I said before).

I noticed that MaxFactor Masterpiece has almost the same brush. I think I'll try that one soon.

I don't use mascara on my lower lashes. I'm sampling another foundation at the moment so well see if it was about my foundation...

Latest posts

Back