Applying Blush and Illuminizer....

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How do you do it??? blush first or illuminizer first?? I have done both ways and not sure which is Proper or the best way to get the best of my blush and illuiminizer. bTW-for those who have never used illuminizer it really really makes your look great.

BTW- Last 2 days my blush has been AWFUL kinda moves around face etc etc. It was a sample from Herbs of Grace I had bought, I hated their foundation and I really hate their blush. I heard their eye colors were great but really the rest isnt so good. You know its hard to believfe but formulas or different companies really make a difference.

depends on which one you want to show up more. if you want more glow, then luminizer on top. but if you want more color, then blush. hth.

I do blush then illuminzer. It's usually my last step in my MMU routine.

Same here. Blushes can make a weird matte spot on your face you might not see in the mirror.

I like that tip Momokins and Hoozey. I never looked at it that way.:kopfkratz: Thanks

thanks~~I will do it blush then illuminizer think I have been taking away some of my glow LOL

What I like to do is apply the blush first and then do the illuminizer - what I do is put the illuminizer on the very top part of my cheekbones and that V where your cheekbones meet your temple (like just next to your eye!) - makes your cheekbones look sky high!

This seems to give better cheekboes than putting illuminizer on the apples of your cheeks as well, which can end up not looking as good, especially if it's quite shimmery.

Hope you find something that works for you! :laughing:

Thank you. I've been putting it under my eyes, down my nose, across my forhead and chin. It has not looked good. Back to the drawing board.

Thank you. I've been putting it under my eyes, down my nose, across my forhead and chin. It has not looked good. Back to the drawing board. Oh yes, and on my lips.

These are my last steps, after my finishing powder: blush to contour &define cheekbones, Then I do Illuminizer from the center top of my cheeks and swish it around and up to my forehead. kind of like a Nike swoosh. that is the best I know how to describe it.

I do the "swoosh" (Nike) to the top of my cheeks and up above the eyes. When I illuminize. I use the tiniest amount on an angled face brush. Basically the dust in the lid. If I do my nose, chin etc. it is always after the brush is basically "empty" I love illuminizer but use a very light hand.

Back