Lumiere kabuki brush

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am in dire need of replacing my EDM premium kabuki. The hairs are falling out at an increasing rate and I can't stand it anymore.

I was thinking of getting the Lumiere kabuki. I've never tried synthetic hairs before. Does it pick up the MMU as good as the natural hairs? I have already pre-bought the long handled kabuki but I want something a little more dense.

Thanks!

By all means get the Lumiere Kabuki. Nothing else compares. I know exactly what you mean on that EDM kabuki. It is a disaster. A friend of mine had it replaced 2 times and just doesn't feel like being bothered having them replace it with the same piece of junk again. Get the Lumiere. It's super soft, dense, and doesn't shed.

Thanks COzawa. I too am frustrated about getting replacements for the EDM premium kabuki. The replacement I received was even worse than the first and I threw it out after 1 week. For some reason mine is shedding more since the last time I washed it. I look like I was attacked by a white cat.

I just ordered 2 kabukis and 2 long handled kabukis (1st pre-buy). Did anyone notice that the prices for the second pre-buy are higher? My long handled kabuki was $8.00 and now it's $11.00.

The Lumiere synthetic kabuki really is awesome, I think it works a lot better than any other brush I have ever tried. I just ordered a whole bunch of em in the pre-buy, I also plan on using the baby buki for blush and bronzer.

I have ordered Lumiere's Kabuki after reading raves about it.. can't wait to get it......

I don't own it yet but Lumiere's kabuki is super soft. I've seen it and touched it. It's a great buy. It's dense too.

My first kabuki was the EDM Premium one and I got so sick of it because it was shedding like mad and it felt kind of irritating on my face. I got the Lumiere kabuki and I think it's wayyy better! The synthetic bristles pick up powder better than natural hair and it feels so incredibly soft on my skin, no irritating feeling whatsoever. And it hasn't shed a single hair since I got it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I bought the Aubrey Nicole Kabuki Brush. It is awesome. It is super soft, dense and as of today no shedding. I've had it for a little over two weeks. The price isn't bad either.

Ooops! I forgot to say I have the PREMIUM Kabuki (they have three types).

Oh, I have that AN one too! Love it. Someone compared it to the Lumiere brush so I bought that one as back up, but it's a little different. I'm waiting on this sale to start tomorrow to order the flat top buffer from AN too. It's suppose to be as soft as the Premium brush.

i've been waiting for mine to come forever, from the prebuy. ahh. i cant wait.

The Aubrey Nicole premium kabuki is the exact same kabuki that Lumiere sells. I have them both, and they are identical. But the Lumiere one was cheaper.

Christy

I have the Lumiere kabuki. It's nice and feels soft on my skin. The down side is it takes a little longer to apply foundation since it's not super big, and it takes at least a couple of days to dry, since it's synthetic. I have the baby buki on order. ;-)

My current fave is Sephora's big bronzer brush ($25). Covers quickly since it's big, and provides great coverage.

I just read that Lumiere got some of their pre-buy brushes in. I guess the owner is waiting on a couple of boxes that got tied up in customs.

I can't wait until I get my pre-buy brushes. I ordered nine brushes. Too bad I'm giving six of them to my girls. I should have bought a flat top for myself. I figured I already had one why do I need another. Now I'm having regrets. I'l have to try it before I give it to my daughter.

Oh, I am excited if the pre-order brushes will be sent out soon! I got the 8-piece set plus the flat top buffer, kabuki, two long handle kabukis (one for starting my mom on MMU) and e/s buffer brush. Once I get them, I can send my mom her Mom's day gift early.

I'm sure everyone is giddy with excitement about getting their brushes. I figure I'll have to hold on tight for another week or two before they arrive on my doorstep.

Has anyone used the Alima #25 brush? It sounds like a good buy, but being a beginner, I have no idea what make a good brush :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back