Who here has a college degree?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok Jennifer, I did a search but couldn't find anything like this, so don't beat me with your mascara wand!

I graduated from college in 2004 with a Bachelor's of Science in Mortuary Sciene (Funeral Services).

Can't do anything with it though because the pay is so low where I live it feels like it would be a waste of my time to go through the licensing.

So, who all has a college degree, what is it in, and can you do anything with it?

I have a degree in accounting and im getting my BA in art history. I know i have more luck with the accounting degree than the art history but i love my major and im almost done! lol

I have a Bachelors of Arts in Psychology - which I can do nothing (that pays anyway) with. I'm 3 credits away from my MBA - which is definitey helping me and right now I'm looking for a position in marketing.

Computer Science :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :15hg:

Wtf is Mortuary Science?? I swear I've never heard of that.. Is that a real Bachelor of either Science or Arts, or is that like a certificate that they call Bachelor's?? I think that's why you can't do much else with it, cause it's not an actual Bachelors like you'd have in any other university, which are categorized under either Arts or Science programs.. yours is very specific to the Mortuary industry or what have you.

i am working on my bachelors of arts in psychology. there are actually some really good jobs in my area that pay over $70,000 a year with a bachelors in psychology or social services. i'm graduating next year, but not sure yet where i want to get my Master's...Loma Linda University maybe...

Mortuary Science is working with the deceased (dead people). It's not a certificate, it's an actual Bachelor's of Science, trust me, I went to school for 5 years to get it.

What jobs have you heard of paying that much with just a BA? I'm really curious because I couldn't find ANYTHING when I was looking.

I have a BA in Psychology and the first job I got out of college was for $9.10/hr as an SA at Macy's working the Biotherm counter. Then I got a second job working in a residential group home treatment facility for $9/hr. I quit Macy's after 6 months but stayed at the group home for over 2 years, but never got a raise even once. Now I'm an office manager and I've consistently received raises since I started there ($5 total over 2 years). I'm in school now, about 1/3 of the way through my Master's program which will allow me to go for licensure as a marriage and family therapist, although their average salary is what I make now, so I'm going for a PsyD. (psychology doctorate) once I get my master's.

As of April 28th, I am no longer in school! Within a few weeks of that, I should be holding in my hands my BA in Business Administration with a Specialization in Healthcare Management! Woohoo!

I have two associates degrees, one in pre nursing and one in criminal justice. I am working on my bachelor's degree in criminal justice right now

Good for you girl! Where are you planning to work?

Criminal justice sounds neat, is it a competitive field?:policeman:

what kinds of jobs you are thinking of that pay that much?

I have BA in Psychology and I work as a counselor. Unfortunately, it does not pay too well, but at least I can say that I really enjoy doing what I do. I am earning enough to support myself so I am not complaining. I will definitely be making more money once i get my Master's... Maybe in Social Work?

Usually science bachelors include a bunch of general courses in the 1st and 2nd years.. Maybe credit these courses towards another degree or at least some certificate?

I find that I can do pretty much anything with my degree in Computer Science.. I used to work as a developer but now I'm moving more towards Business Analysis and hopefully management in the future. Computers and technology are everywhere, and these days the technology is really intertwined with the business. The beauty in this is that it's cross-industry, so you can move from Healthcare to Finance to Government and develop a set of very portable skills.. Even though I have no interest in programming/development anymore, I am more than glad to have earned my degree in this field because it taught me a strong problem solving and design framework that I can use wherever I go. Yay for nerds!

I am graduating this semester with a Bachelors of Science in Business Administration with an emphasis on Marketing. Jobs in my area would include advertising, promotions, public relations, and the usual managerial stuff. I want to be in either advertising or PR.

I have BS in Neurobiology, physiology and behavior. I was looking into jobs in healthcare field, but as you know most require some sort of a license, so now I'm looking around biotech companies. I'm planning to get an MBA, debating if I want to specialize in healthcare management or something else.

Oh yeah, I have seens some jobs with homeland security that pay some serious bucks, but I plan on working for the FBI, I was accepted as an intern but I have to go to Virginia. But there are so many fields to CJ, and they pay pretty good. :policeman:

I will be finishing at the end of the year and receiving a Bachelor of Business Administration in Economics with a minor in Spanish. I recently landed a part time job at Wall Street in a bank in the securities/ global investing department that pays well for me still being in school. Hopefully I can remain there after graduation and get something full-time. The sectors I can work in range from financial institutions including investment companies, accounting companies, banks and so on as well as not-for-profit companies. I've been thinking about moving on to get my Masters after graduation.

I graduated in 2000 with a BA in English, the creative writing, not literature. My first job out of school was a legal editor. Right now I do billing at a law office, I know not my field, but I would like to be an editor again, just not at the same company.

I do not have a college degree currently. I make $20+ an hour dealing cards for a living. But I am enrolling at LSUE in the Fall for my pre nursing courses. I will be working full time for awhile and in about three years I will be an Registered Nurse=)

I graduated in 2003 with my B.A. in Political Science. I immediately went on to get my J.D. (law degree) which I am still working on because I took some time off...Even if I don't finish my law degree I'm going to have to go back and get at least a masters bc there are no jobs for a poly sci major...

Back