Why don't people who cut hair know what they're doing

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
You figure WHEREVER you go, no matter how cheap, the people should know what theyre doing..after all they were trained. Well I got my hair cut/trimmed up yesterday and the lady said to me "it looks longer on this side because the way your hair is parted, if you parted it down the middle it would be the same length" so i thought okay whatever. and then the whole day i kept thinking it was a little off. well today i parted it down the middle and it still looks longer on one side. it's noticeable. one whole side of my head looks shorter. not that much but still, it's definately not what i wanted to happen. the lady also kept saying ok im done then trimmed it a bit more, i think she trimmed a bit more on one side which explains it..ugh. im mad though, why don't they know what thyere doing!? my aunt who used to be a beautician cuts my hair from time to time and the last time i noticed it was uneven as well. come on. i cut it better than that! (ok so not every beautician is like that obviously, but i guess i have horrible luck)

ive wanted to complain about this for hours now but couldnt get on MUT and it's been ruining my day! I got it cut becuase im going to a fancy dinner tomarrow night and I wanted it to look all pretty and stuff. I cut it myself before and it was pretty uneven but now it's not even either! I will try to go back to her tomarrow and get it fixed but it's still a hassle, and I have to restyle it and everything. ughh!

sorry mut wasnt there for you!!! lol and i know what you mean. i love my bangs but out of every 5 times i get them cut once maybe twice do they look right!!!! so i have bangs for like 2 months out of the year?! sorry to hear what happened to you. maybe you should find a regular hairstylist so you dont have to worry as much because even they have off days!

i was going to go to the place my sister goes becuase she says theyre fantastic over there and she goes there every time, but i didn't want to pay 20+ for a haircut when all i wanted was it evened out, so i went somewhere cheap..and this is what i get. blah.

Sometimes spending a lil extra cash for your hair cut isnt all that bad. Its only 20 dollars which isnt bad at all. Then again the highly qualified people can screw up.

I go through this......I *think* I have finally found a new hairdresser! Shes my age, and seems to have the same idea of how my hair should look.

I have a good hairdresser, but last week I was in the mall, I was already having a bad hair day. I had what I call a moment of insanity, I go in to get my hair trimmed and styled I leave with hair as short as a man in back and the same length on the sides and top. I ended up calling and telling them I wanted the manager to fix it and went back. She did ok, but it's still short after me growing it almost to my shoulders. Now I've got to start all over. I thought I was gonna be saving some money there but ended up spending more than my hairdresser charges. I plan to never go get a cut again....lol.....Of course I may break down after a while. I'm still disappointed!!

i used to have the same problem, sorta..

cause i never got what i wanted and i hated it!

i stopped going to the hairstylist when i was about 16 yrs old, maybe younger, now i cut my own hair, i started cutting my own hair when i was 22 years old, i thankfully never have to go to the hair salon, i learned how to layer my own hair, cut the ends and make my own bangs :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I can cut my husbands hair and both my daughter's. Everyone ask where they get their hair cut, their suprised when they learn I did it. As far as doing my own hair I don't have the nerves to try it. I'm afraid I'll mess it up, I only cut my bangs.

first of all just cause someone went to cosmetology school doesnt make them experienced, school only really teaches you the basic alot of people do mess up alot befor they become better the best hair dressers that i have went to had 15-20 years experience and have admited to screwing up along the way also once you get out of school education dont stop there its up to the person to educate there self with the latest things. another problem is clients who switch hair dressers alot are never happy because everyone cuts and does things diffrently and you need to find someone you like and stick with that person so they can learn your likes/dislikes.

everyones hair is diffrent some people come in with a picture and say i want my hair just like this but people dont realize the girl in the pic and you may have diffrent texture of hair although you try to create the same look it may look diffrent on each person..

I went to a "nice salon" back in Dec., now that I'm graduated and working, and she damaged my hair all over by using a flat-iron that was way too hot for my hair. So, sometimes going somewhere expensive stills leaves you "burned" (pun intended).

God, I wish I could just do that.

i dont think i need a personal stylist to just cut my hair the same length across. thats the most basic haircut..and it doesnt take my dislikes and likes to figure out how to do it. i figured since she told me shes been cutting 12 years that shed know what was straight across and what was uneven. i didnt want anything else done, she didnt style it or anything. just a straight cut! not difficult.

is that sarcasim^^^ cause theres no need for you to be rude to ME.. i was just giveing an opinion on the topic..

no, it wasnt sarcasm. or it wasnt meant to be that way. just frusterated that the most simple thing was screwed up. sorry the for confusion. i definately don't want to be rude to anyone on here when everyones really nice.

update - uggh i decided to trim it myself big mistake i duno why i did but i think the other side is longer now. why do i do this to myself :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i have to vow to myself not to touch it anymore. i just didnt want to wait and go to them and have them mess up my hair when i already showered and my curly hair shouldnt be washed twice in the same day, and i have the dinner thing tonight. blahhh.

ok.. sorry if i took it that way and i wasnt talking about you or anyone specific but generally speaking.. i really dont know what to tell you to do.

when i moved to hawaii i went almost a year befor i got my hair cut/trim i was so scared that some one would mess my hair up, then i decided to go to a aveda salon and took my chances there, those people are trained well befor they can even go on the floor.. that could be a option untill you find someone you trust although a hair cut there is $ 60 and up.

im not gonna worry too much about it. it seems to look ok now that its dry. thanks for the help

i've been cutting my own hair since i was 16. my aunt used to work at the salon and she taught me some tricks when cutting or trimming my hair. i make my own side swept bangs and layers, all i need is a texturizer and a sharp scissor. the texturizer only takes away the thickness of your hair without changing the length of your hair, so you can go a little wild on that until you get the desire thickness/layers. then you trim the hair with the scissor, but instead of cutting from a horizontal angle, you place your scissor at a vertical angle, that helps to thinning/trimming the hair without losing too much length.

my hairdresser moved away and my backup person works in a very pricey salon now,thankfully,the way my hair is,I can go a good while before I need a cut

Latest posts

Back