"Glowy" foundation like BE??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi girls, just wanted your opinions on other brands of MMU that have the "glowy" kind of formulation like BE, perhaps without the Bismuth? I love the look of BE, but they are so limited in shades and even their lightest shade, Fairly Light seems to be a tad too dark for my skintone. Currently, after going through a ton of samples from different companies, I've found my HG in Lumiere's VV in Light Warm. I'm sure there's a perfect match, but that's the closest I've come. I also love the BE Fairly Light mixed with Oceanmist Vanilla and Sunsilk, and Buff'd Chamois, Sand and Almond. It's a mix of several really light colours with the BE so I could have the "glow" of BE with a shade to match my skin. I'm running low on it now so I'd love to find a brand that has that same look with more variety of shades.

Thanks for your input and opinions girls, and have a great day!!!

have you tried everyday minerals? they have 3 formula`s matte,semi,and original glo

Lumiere just came out with a new foundation called Luminesse that is supposed to be similar to BE in that it has a "glowy" finish... but it's a more subtle, natural looking glow instead of the metallic look of BE.

If you like Lumiere Veena Velvet then I'd suggest you try the Luminesse... I have samples of it on the way. I love the Veena Velvet but find it can be a little too matte looking for me sometimes, so I'm hoping the Luminesse and its "glow" will suit me better :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Rejectstar, I totally agree with the VV looking a tad matte sometimes, sometimes it's ok but then on some days it's just too matte/dry looking. But I still love it. I guess more cuz I haven't been able to find a replacement. I've tried EDM in the "intensive" only, I wonder if the "original glo" is kinda like the BE finish...

Actually Sunny and Ronnie IMO and according to the EDM site the original formula of EDM is more "glowy" like BE.

Thanks Newyorlatin, do you know how good the coverage is? I'd still like some good coverage without the "thick" or "cakey" thing going on, that's why I love the glow and dewy look...I know, I know...alot to ask for, right? But honestly, am I being unreasonable? I mean, is that too much to ask for in a foundation? Oh yeah, and anyone have any finishing powders that they think are great? I actually really like the mineral veil and Oceanmists' silken perfection...but you know how it is, always on the hunt for a better product. Gosh, does this madness ever end???:vogel:

I really like Monave's Angel finishing powder.

EDM's finishing dust was really good IMO too. I liked it better than the silk powder.

If fairly light is too dark...BE has Fair,which is my shade but I prefer Monave's Ashlie

Hi! I love the Original Glo of EDM. It was the first foundation I tried with them and that is how I fell in love. The coverage is light to medium and you can definitely build up the coverage. It is of less shine than BE, but it still looks "glowy." On the days that I really want BE's bright "glow," I use EDM's Light Pink blush, which is much like BE's Clear Radiance. It is a light pink sparkly all over face color, but goes on sheer. I love it. Please try some samples. If you really want to try to get the look, I suggest the sample kit and try it in Original Glo and get the Light Pink as the blush. You may want to try the Silk Dust too. I love that product, but there are some girls that are sensitive to it. Their finishing dust is to die for. Hope this helps.

Well...I was told today that BE Fairly Light is lighter than Fair...I had no clue,so I ve been using the wrong shade.

Really?? I never would have guessed...I just assumed that Fair is always lighter than Fairly Light. And Light is darker than Fairly Light...and so on. Hmmmm....strange.:kopfkratz:

was trying to find the Light Pink like you suggested while ordering yet my third sample kit from EDM, but couldn't find it...am I just an idiot or could it maybe be called something else? thanks for the recommendation!!:kopfkratz:

Farris,

Whoever told you Fairly light is lighter than fair is wrong. Fair is the absolute lightest they have, then fairly light, then light. I wore BE for 4 1/2 years and occasionally used fairly light in the winter. I used Fair sometimes as an undereye concealer.

Lumiere's Luminesse formula is the closest thing I've found sofar to BE, but without the "glow" that makes my nose look like a polished golfball (big pores *sigh*). It's one of the foundations I've found sofar that I really like. Lumiere's range of colours for us cool-skinnned women is also outstanding. BE hasn't really managed to corner the market for most of us with Northern European-type skin: their small selection of shades are simply too warm, even the neutral ones.

I'm right now alternating the VV and the Luminesse-formulas and have found that the coverage of the Luminesse is by far better than BE. A little less glowy, but for me that has been a plus, since the BE-glow made me look slightly ashy and did nothing for my large pores.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Back