Large size jars

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay my beef with mmu is the jars are so small.. I dont have enough room to swirl my kabuki around. I think meow makes larger containers for their mmu..does anyone else?

thans

Here's what I did because I was finding the lid was making my brush bristles break off. I went to a dollar store and bought a small ceramic bowl (actually set of 3 nesting ones) but you can find small bowls at places like Target or check the cooking supplies in Walmart- they usually have small glass ones. Then sprinkle your MMU in there and swirl. It's better for your brush and also I find the minerals tuck better into the brush in the bowl rather than lids.

I vote for swirl bowls too rather than larger MMU jars.

I'd be way more devastated if I spilled a larger jar of MMU, lol!

I've yet to get a swirl bowl but I've been thinking about getting one for a whlie now.

I use a paper plate not real pretty but I am still looking for a nice antique something, that looks cool, shoot I just thought of something that was given to me when my Aunt Erma passed and its sitting on my bookcase never thought about it till this second, it kinda like a nesting bowl, but its something that sat on her dresser all her life~~

So funny that this just came up! I was thinking about this earlier. I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I pour my minerals out a little at a time...onto the bathroom counter! Hehe! This morning I was thinking of a better way when I remembered I have some nice glass ramekins in the kitchen. I'm gonna wash one of those out and use that. It'll be perfect!

I purchased some of the larger jars from Meow and I like them. I can store some of the makeup that I've mixed in them, and I have a few empty ones. I just use the lid of one of my empty ones when I need to. Works perfectly for me.

Christy

Hehe. Yes, it is really messy. And, at least for me, it seems really wasteful. I always end up just pushing the minerals around on the counter.

So.... Today I tried the glass ramekin. It's not like one of those little ramekins. It's round, but flat on the bottom. And it's about three inches wide and about an inch and a half deep. Anyway, this worked so much better than the counter or a lid! I think it even made my brush work better. It picked up the minerals more evenly and even seemed to apply better (probably because it picked up the minerals better). I so glad I thought of this idea.

One thing though, if you use a glass bowl remember that glass can chip. So make sure to check it after washing it or if you drop it, etc. Don't want to get a glass chip in with your minerals! Of course, this is true of anything you'd use glass containers for (which I use most of the time cuz they're just so much better than plastic!)

I use little melamine bowls from Target that cost .99 each-they are in the household/kitchen basics section and they are just a tiny version of the big mixing bowls. No glass to worry about and they don't get stained w/color (although I wash it after every use).

Great idea! I might have to try that! Thanks for sharing. I keep hoping that BE (which I love) will realize their jars are not the greatest and redesign them to something similar to the EDM new jars (which I haven't tried but which look awesome!) I would also love to see all the BE jars have closable sifters like the dual-sided jars.

I bought the XLG size foundation from BE and it makes a huge mess! The powder wont go back through the sifter very well at all!

I've been using a small plate lately and can't believe the difference in how my minerals apply. They are so much better when you have more surface to swirl your brush on!

Thats a awsome idea....never thought of that....now i'm gonna go pick some up. Thanks hun:)

I use 30 G jars & I save the lids for swishing/mixing colors that come in 5 G jars. I went to a craft store (Micheals here) & bought a painters palette for mixing , it even has little depressions in it that fir my brushhead nicely they even have some styles with lids. Price range from .69 for plastic to 3.00 for a metal version. If I spill MMU I find on some surfaces the "Magic Eraser" is great to clean up the mess.

Back