Scared to drive :-(

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
so I'm 16+ now and studying to get my learner permit....and i'm terrified to drive! lol.

i've always been awful with my directions, and i could never remember ANY driving rules. to go to a friends house they'd be like ' you know that intersection ____ ' and i'd be like 'um noooo...'

i'm looking at all these rules and i dont think i'll be able to remember any of them! gah! turning on red, which way is right-of-way....................

scarrrrrrred

I dont know how to drive but i live in the city so i dont really need to but i should. lol

once you start driving you'll wonder how you ever lived without it!!!!

it's fun to drive and have freedom!!

Driving is okay - the minute you experience traffic and becoming a chaufer for your friends, you'll dislike it. Haha.

But don't worry - I've been driving for 5+ years and I still get confused with directons and don't understand highway numbers. But you'll get better the more often you drive. Trust me... I felt the same way you did.

I was pretty scared when I started Driver's Ed...but you really get the hang of it after your first couple of drives.

The important thing is to not get stressed out about everyone and stay calm. I have basically the whole book memorized and I am known as a "good driver", especially now since I have a baby on board.

If you have any questions (not about directions, I am sure I live nowhere near you, lol) feel free to ask!

It's totally normal to have anxiety about driving though!

I can't follow directions well either--but I love to drive. Just think soon you can climb in that car, crank us the music and it will be the most relaxing thing you ever did.

oh hon, I was the same way.

Don't stress about it too much, you'll do well!

it might be helpful to have more driving lessons than required until you feel more comfortable with the idea of driving by yourself. Good luck!

i'm scared too,lol, and i hope i'll do better than on playstation because...well i have no problem concerning the speed, but turning right or left, i always managed to destroy a part of the landscape :eusa_whistle:

I was the complete opposite, I actually started driving before I got my license.:policeman: never cought me. hehe. But that was the easiest way to learn the rules and all that stuff, through actually driving. I actually drove for like a year without one. And i've had my license for 4 years now and have never been stopped or pulled over or have gotten a ticket:rockwoot:

But seriously, don't be scared, you will do just fine :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Driving is so easy, it will come naturally to you. Think about all the millions of drivers out there. If they can learn to drive, you can. I'm actually soooo sick of driving! I'm always stuck in traffic, which is no fun.

Don't worry sweetie, it'll be really easy for you. I cried the night before my driving test because I thought I would fail. Lol, I was fine and I passed easily.

I've only been driving for two months and I have to say the moment your in the car traffic signs etc and directions come to you a lot more easily because you know your responsible for yourself. When I was learning I often let my instructor make decisions on the road but now I can do it myself, you get better with time and its really not that scary!

lol i am the EXACT same what i havent even gone to get my g1 yet! i get int he cars with my friends and think..."im not getting in a car and driving on the road with you idiots...LEARN TO DRIVE "

you'll get a hang of it after awhile, it takes a little time to get used to it. then it all becomes natrual to you.

my parents made me get my lisence when i was 17 (in SD you can start driving at age 14) since they were tired of driving me around. i was threating with being grounded if i didnt get it. so i did but i still didnt drive until i got to college.

don't be scared!!

its SO easy to learn to drive!

just be careful and aware at all times and you will do great...and its okay to be scared...i'm pretty sure everyone here was scared when they first learned to drive. i know i was!!

good luck!

I hardly ever drive. LOL. I am sure you will be fine once you have a few months of driving under your belt=)

Ohh, don't worry! I just have my Leaners right now, and i was soo scared to finally drive, i seriously thought it would lead to death!! But don't worry, its really not that bad:)

I'm the exact same way - I'm 20 and didn't learn to drive until I was 18 because I was so scared. I'm still horrible with directions, but the rules of the road aren't actually that complicated once you get out and start driving. It's mostly common sense and following the other drivers. Now I LOVE driving, and my car feels like an extension of myself. Driving is super scary when you first start, but after awhile it becomes really easy =).

Back